Remodeled coffee stand opens in Pacific
By MARK KLAAS
Auburn Reporter Regional Editor
February 8, 2012 · Updated 7:47 PM
Formerly a barista, Lacey Haack now owns and operates a remodeled coffee stand in south Auburn.
And she enjoys the challenge of being the boss.
"It's been fun," Haack said of the espresso stand just inside the Pacific city limits on the east side of busy A Street Southeast. "Obviously, it was stressful at the beginning with the transition, but we're learning how to accommodate our customers."
The blue-paneled and recently opened Premier Roast brews and prepares all the hot and cold favorites, including a few concoctions of its own.
Try Premier Rage, an energy drink that combines Rock Star and lemonade with a choice of raspberry or peach flavoring. There's also the Michael Jackson Remix, a white or regular chocolate drink that makes room for cinnamon sugar shots.
Premier Roast soon will offer blended specialty drinks.
"Each drink we serve is with a touch of love," said barista Jillian Copeland.
The stand, previously Heather's Coffee Shop, has been redone, from new flooring to lowered windows.
"We've made a lot of improvements," Haack said. "We want to get to know our customers."
Copeland and Haack's sister, Ali, comprise the staff.
• Business: Premier Roast
• Location: 4506 A St. SE, Pacific
• Hours: 4:30 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Friday; 6 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday; 7 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday.
• Owner, operator: Lacey Haack
• Specializing: Hot, cold drink favorites, including a few of its own.
• Information: Find Premier Roast on Facebook.Contact Auburn Reporter Regional Editor Mark Klaas at email@example.com or 1-253-833-0218 (ext 5050).