Seattle magazine names 17 VMC physicians to annual “Top Docs” list
July 15, 2010 · 10:11 AM
Of the 381 “Top Docs” in the greater Seattle area, according to Seattle magazine’s 10th edition of its annual survey, 17 can be found at Valley Medical Center in Renton.
Seattle magazine’s Top Doctors survey is the Puget Sound’s most trusted “recommendation” for finding physicians. This year, for the first time, Seattle partnered with Castle Connolly Medical Ltd., a health care research and information company. Castle Connolly works with magazines across the country, including New York magazine, to produce similar top doctor features.
Castle Connolly asked physicians to nominate providers they would seek out or recommend to loved ones — a process similar to the one Seattle magazine has used.
In addition they solicited nominations via a mailed survey sent to tens of thousands of physicians in private practice across the country, as well as medical leaders at more than 1,500 hospitals across the country (including those in the greater Seattle area)—including CEOs, chief medical officers and the chiefs of eight medical specialties.
These “Top Docs” from VMC are featured in the July 2010 issue, on newsstands now:
• Family Medicine: Ronald Kane, M.D., Fairwood Primary Care
• Gastroenterology: Frank Thomas Jr., M.D.
• Interventional Cardiology: John Nemanich, M.D.
• Neonatal & Perinatal Medicine: Jeffrey Stolz, M.D.
• Neurology: David Vossler, M.D.
• Nuclear Medicine: Virginia Klaas, M.D.
• Ophthalmology: Bruce Cameron, M.D.
• Orthopedic Surgery: William Barrett, M.D.
• Pathology: Ira Allen, M.D.
• Pathology: Hongxiu Ji, M.D., Ph.D.
• Pediatric Cardiology: Christopher Stefanelli, M.D.
• Pediatric Infectious Disease: Farah Cassis-Ghavami, M.D.
• Radiation Oncology: Todd Barnett, M.D.
• Radiation Oncology: James Spiegel, M.D.
• Radiology (Diagnostic): Kenneth Reger, M.D.
• Rheumatology: John Yuen, M.D.
• Vascular & Interventional Radiology: J. Scott Bowen, M.D.
About Valley Medical Center
Valley Medical Center is a public District hospital and the largest nonprofit healthcare provider between Seattle and Tacoma, proudly serving more than 400,000 residents. In addition to the medical and surgical services offered by the hospital, the Medical Center operates a network of more than two dozen primary care, urgent care and specialty clinics. Located in Renton, VMC is South King County’s only disaster recovery facility and offers the region 24-hour emergency care and a Level III Trauma Center. Tertiary specialties include an Orthopedic Center specializing in joint replacement & spine; a Neuroscience Institute with stroke care/rehabilitation; oncology services; heart & vascular services; childbirth & neonatal care; and sleep medicine. Valley Medical Center provides the community with many award-winning services and is the recipient of many remarkable recognitions. For more information, www.valleymed.org.