- Print Editions
- Home Delivery
- About Us
Auburn Top Food & Drug stores are supporting Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October with an employee fundraiser and information for customers.Top Food employees are… Continue reading
When the farm boy in Robert McRae whispered in his ear, he suggested raising something entirely different on his green pastures. Heeding that call transformed McCrae’s peaceful, 10-acre spread in bucolic east Auburn into a physically therapeutic and potentially money making venture.
Skipper’s no longer occupies its familiar spot off Auburn Way North. The long-established fish-n-chips eatery officially closed its doors last week.
Wal-Mart has begun initial work on its 201,000-square-foot super store project north and west of the Regal Cinemas.But don't expect to see any actual construction… Continue reading
• Megan Huffington was named manager for Wells Fargo’s Lake Tapps banking store. Huffington leads an eight-member team at the Lake Tapps banking store inside Top Food & Drugs, 1406 Lake Tapps Parkway E. She recently worked as the manager of Wells Fargo’s Enumclaw banking store, and previously worked as a service manager and a teller for Wells Fargo.
Jill Kintner, Olympic BMX racing medalist from Kirkland, will be returning to the home track where she grew up racing to meet local boys and girls who would like to try the sport.
A devoted restaurateur for 30 years, Jenny Xenakis figured she was ready to put away the durable utensils, shed the apron and fill the last cook orders.
Timberland Homes, one of the largest builders of modular homes in the Pacific Northwest, recently sold its 2,600th home. The Auburn-based company continues to perform well in a difficult housing market climate. Timberland Homes recently received Inc. Magazines’ award for being one of the 5,000 fastest-growing private companies for the four years ending in 2007 with a growth in revenues of 71.7 percent.
• Permanent Concrete Solutions, under owner Pete Christensen and manager Mike Myers, has relocated to 3702 W. Valley Highway N., Suite 106, in Auburn.
Sleep Country USA, the Northwest’s largest seller of premium mattresses, recently opened its newest store in Auburn – part of its continued expansion into Northwest communities.
• Robin Hood Pizza now is open at 3108 A St. SE, Suite D, under the operation of Biclass Singh and Surinder Kaur.
• Valley Community Bancshares, Inc., the parent of Valley Bank, reported record operating earnings for the six-month period ended June 30. For the period, earnings increased 29 percent to $1,242,000, or $1.08 per diluted share compared to $961,000 or $0.83 per diluted share during the same period a year ago. Assets at June 30, 2008 totaled $205 million.
• Auburn’s Cheryl J. Bidleman was hired as the new human resource director at Tacoma Goodwill, effective July 7.