- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
100 Auburn School District students earn AP Scholar Awards
Twenty-three Auburn High School, 33 Auburn Mountainview High School and 44 Auburn Riverside High School students earned the prestigious Advanced Placement Scholar Award in recognition of their exceptional achievement on AP exams.
The College Board’s AP Program provides motivated and academically prepared students with the opportunity to take rigorous college-level courses while still in high school and to earn college credit, advanced placement, or both for successful performances on the AP exams. About 18 percent of the nearly 1.7 million students worldwide who took AP exams performed at a sufficiently high level to also earn an AP Scholar Award.
The College Board recognizes three levels of achievement based on students’ performance on AP exams.
Five Auburn, seven Auburn Mountainview and 10 Auburn Riverside students qualified for the AP Scholar with Distinction Award by earning an average score of at least 3.5 on all AP Exams taken, and scores of 3 or higher on 5 or more of these exams.
• AHS scholars with distinction: Katherine Garbe; Stella Geiss; Benjamin Johnson; Andrew Starr; Tyler Warner.
• AMHS scholars with distinction: Sarah Bell; Andrew Hayward; Shaelyn Layton; Nicholas Lipinski; Brent McCulloch; Daniel Montgomery; Raquel Robayo-Krause.
• ARHS scholars with distinction: Jessica Bartlett; Nathaniel Gesell; Christopher Hanson; Cameron Howard; Shannon Keith; Kendall Krotzer; Michelle Parks; Samuel Pollard; William Schunke; Katherine Weiss.
Three Auburn, six Auburn Mountainview and nine Auburn Riverside students qualified for the AP Scholar with Honor Award by earning an average score of at least 3.25 on all AP exams taken, and scores of 3 or higher on 4 or more of these exams.
• AHS scholars with honor: Kalie Krueger; Michelle Lee; Jennifer Wroe.
• AMHS scholars with honor: Stephen Groot; Lesley Hahn; Andrew Hammer; Jessica Jasper; Madeline Slettedahl; Brianne Wills.
• ARHS scholars with honor: Austin Bidman; Jared Helm; Kara Jenkins; Connor Lester; Kate Leyda; Nikole Neuman; Alexander Olson; Karley Thurston; Anthony Tordillos.
Fifteen Auburn, 20 Auburn Mountainview and 25 Auburn Riverside students qualified for the AP Scholar Award by completing 3 or more AP exams with scores of 3 or higher.
• AHS scholars: Danielle Ayers; Haeun (Julie) Chang; Matthew Dalos; Bryan Diebag; Meighan Howell; Mariah Lenker; Alexandra (Sandi) Mihaylova; Patience Mills; Alexis Moore; Madison Ramey; Cameron Sowards; Samuel Suruda; Kirsten Thompson; Abigail Waldo; Christopher Weber.
• AMHS scholars: Stephen Amundson; Christian Demarre; Alvaro Diaz Martin; Samantha Fix; Roman Galanti; Molly Henderson; Kristen Herren; Dwight Hohnstein; Rajdeep Mally; Hannah Morse; Margarita Nalivayko; Anthony Rains; Trevor Ralph; Amy Scott; Parker Sheldon; Stephanie Smolinski; Michelle Tanco; Angeleah Tena; Naomi Tsai; Paulina Ulrich.
• ARHS scholars: Aaron Bales; Dylan Brown; Adrian Esquivel; Jessica Hall; Tralayna Haslett; Jillian Hawley; Sean Heaney; Taryn Jones; Sanjeev Kamboj; Sukhman Kaur; Benjamin Klontz; Laura Lindell; Lauren Mendez; Jeffrey Miles; Joshua Moore; Melissa Muhich; Adam Murgittroyd; Stefanie Range; Clayton Sin; Aaryn Snyder; Andrey Streltsov; Michelle Su; Brendon Timke; Erik Vatne; Samantha Wren.