- About Us
Auburn Community Players announce auditions for 'Willy Wonka'
The Auburn Community Players has announced auditions for "Willy Wonka" from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Tuesday, August 7 at Children's Dance Theater, 122 W. Main St., Auburn (entrance in back).
Those wishing to audition please show up at 6:30 p.m. No appointment time needed.
Roald Dahl's "Willy Wonka", featuring a memorable score by Leslie Bricusse and Anthony Newley, follows enigmatic candy manufacturer Willy Wonka as he stages a contest by hiding five golden tickets in five of his scrumptious candy bars. Whoever comes up with these tickets will win a free tour of the Wonka factory, as well as a lifetime supply of candy.
Four of the five winning children are insufferable brats: the fifth is a likable young lad named Charlie Bucket who takes the tour in the company of his equally amiable grandfather. The children must learn to follow Mr. Wonka's rules in the factory – or suffer the consequences.
This scrumdidilyumptious musical is guaranteed to delight everyone's sweet tooth. With this show's flexible cast size, featuring roles for all ages
For any questions regarding the Auburn Community Players or the Auburn Ave Theater, please contact Jim Kleinbeck at 253-804-5057 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• What: Auburn Community Players auditions for Willy Wonka
• When: 6:30-9:30 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 7
• Where: Children's Dance Theater, 122 W. Main St., Auburn (entrance in back)
• Prep: Bring a head shot/picture, resume and a prepared musical theater song, two minutes max, no a cappella. Bring sheet music in correct key; accompanist will be provided.
• Information: Auburn Community Players