- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Pre-registration open for Auburn Citizens Academy
Registration is open for Auburn Police Department's Citizens Academy, scheduled to begin March 6.
Space is limited, and pre-registration is required.
Evening sessions explore the inner workings of the police department and give citizens direct, candid, first-hand information.
The academy consists of 11 Wednesday evening class sessions from 6:30 to 9:30 and one Saturday session from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Classes begin March 6. Graduation is May 15.
Most classes will meet at the Auburn Police Department, 340 E. Main St., Suite 201.
• Department organization
• Patrol operations
• Procedural law regarding arrest, search, and seizure
• Traffic laws and enforcement
• 911 dispatch center operations
• Law enforcement recruiting, hiring, and training
• SCORE Tour and operations
• Investigations of crimes against persons, property crimes, child abuse, domestic violence, internet crimes against children, homicide, narcotics crimes
• Vehicle pursuits
• Use of force, including TASER
• SWAT operations (including hostage negotiations)
• Civil disturbance response
• Internal affairs investigations
• K-9 operations (general patrol and narcotics K9)
• Local court system
• Community Response Team
• Auburn PD Volunteer Program
The academy is offered free of charge to any Auburn citizen 18 years or older. Applications are available at www.auburnwa.gov. Applicants must pass a background check prior to being admitted to the class.
For more information, call 253-804-3124.