- About Us
Auburn Community Players announce auditions for 'The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee'
The Auburn Community Players has announced auditions for "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee".
The group-style audition will begin at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 26 at the Auburn Ave Theater, 10 Auburn Ave.
The show run is 7:30 p.m. May 31, 7:30 p.m. June 1, 7, 8, 14, 15 and 2 p.m. June 9.
Those wishing to audition – 18 and older, due to mature content – please show up promptly at 6:30 p.m.; no appointment times required.
Please bring a resume and a prepared song from musical theater, 16 to 32 bars in length, no a cappella. Bring the sheet music in the correct key. An accompanist will be provided. No head shot required as photos will be taken at sign in.
"The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee" is a hilarious tale of adolescent overachievers' angst played out at the spelling championship of a lifetime. The show's Tony Award-winning creative team produced the unlikeliest of hit musicals about the unlikeliest of heroes: a quirky yet charming group of outsiders for whom a spelling bee is the one place where they can stand out and fit in at the same time.
The show includes adults playing the roles of six young people overseen by three grown-ups. The cast calls for five males and four females.
For any questions, contact Jim Kleinbeck at 253-804-5057.
Auditions: "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee"
• Who: Performers 18 and older (due to mature content)
• What: Auburn Community Players
• When: Tuesday, Feb. 26. Group-style audition begins promptly at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 27. Call-backs promptly at 6:30 p.m.
• Where: Auburn Ave Theater, 10 Auburn Ave.
• Prep: Bring a resume and a prepared musical theater song, 16-32 bars, no a cappella. Bring sheet music in correct key. Accompanist will be provided.