- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Auburn reads 'Pride & Prejudice'
The Auburn Library celebrates the 200th anniversary of the publication of Jane Austen's classic, "Pride and Prejudice", with a variety of events.
Pick up a copy of the book at the library, 1102 Auburn Way S., or at several locations throughout Auburn, and enjoy the unique celebration of reading and culture
Events are free and held at the Auburn Library unless otherwise indicated.
For more information, please visit auburnloveausten.com or call 253-931-3018.
• Friday, Feb. 15, noon
• Friday, Feb. 22, 10:30 a.m.
• Monday, Feb. 25, 4 p.m.
• Thursday, March 7, 4 p.m.
Jane Austen Lecture Series
• Pride and Prejudice on Film: A Review of 20th and 21st Century Adaptations, Monday, Feb. 4, 4 p.m. Presented by Marcie Sims and Jaeney Hoene, English Faculty, Green River Community College.
• Austen on Love: Domestic Felicity, Prejudice and Wood Houses, Thursday, Feb. 14, 4 p.m. Presented by Kirsten Higgins, English Faculty, Green River Community College.
• George, Profligate Prince of the Regency, Saturday, Feb. 16, 3 p.m. Presented by Charlene Kern, Puget Sound Chapter of the Jane Austen Society.
• A Return to Civility: What We Learn From Reading Jane Austen, Thursday, Feb. 21, 4 p.m. Presented by Hank Galmish, English Faculty, Green River Community College.
• Life Aboard Naval Vessels of the Regency Period, Monday, March 4, 4:30 p.m. Presented by Carolee Ralph-Jones, Dan Ledesma and Elaine Weeks, members of the Puget Sound Chapter of the Jane Austen Society.
Jane Austen Film Series
• "Pride and Prejudice" (2005), Saturday, Feb. 2, 2 p.m. Starring Keira Knightley and Matthew MacFadyen
• "Pride and Prejudice" (1940), Saturday, Feb. 9, 2 p.m. Starring Greer Garson and Laurence Olivier.
• "Sense and Sensibility" (1995), Saturday, Feb. 23, 2 p.m. Starring Emma Thompson, Kate Winslet and Hugh Grant.
• "Mansfield Park" (1999), Saturday, March 2, 2 p.m. Starring Francis O'Conner and Johnny Lee Miller.
And the Finale Weekend ...
• The Bushwick Book Club, Saturday, March 9, 2 p.m. The amazing musical group performs original creations based on Pride and Prejudice.
• Jane Austen Regency-Style Afternoon Tea. At the Auburn Senior Activity Center, Sunday, March 10, 2 p.m. Enjoy a traditional English-style tea. Registration required, 253-931-3018.