- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Auburn Days Community Festival set for Aug. 9-11
The Auburn Days Community Festival – a popular annual event for the past 100 years in the downtown area – returns Aug. 9-11.
The event brings together residents of all ages to the center of Auburn – the historic Main Street downtown. The steering committee and 60 event sponsors are inviting Auburn residents and surrounding communities to the three-day event to celebration the city's life, music, love and laughter through musicians, authors, poets, artists, athletes and future leaders.
"This is serious fun," said Connie Henke, festival director, "from the Friday night Stampede Fun Run and Barbecue to the grand parade, and the Good Ol' Show and Shine Classic Car Show. We know there is something for everyone at Auburn Days."
Activities will showcase and celebrate the diverse community. There will be food, arts and crafts, the Young Un's Square and many vendors.
Attendees are encouraged to park at the Transit Center parking garage.
Visit the Auburn Days website.
Auburn Days Community Festival
Friday, Aug. 9
• Stampede 5K Fun Run & BBQ, fun run event starts at 7 p.m. on Main and F streets
• All-school class reunion
• Community BBQ
• Entertainment at City Hall Plaza on Main Street
Saturday, Aug. 10
• Auburn Community Art Exhibition at City Hall
• Grand parade at noon – 1969 and older vehicles; meet Pioneer Queen Marge Gordon Pioneer Spirit John Peckenpaugh and Grand Marshal Bob Johnson
• Auburn Avenue Theater – free matinee/double feature of "Them" and "American Graffiti"
• Model Boat & Shipbuilders Demonstrations; children can pilot
• Street dance under the stars with "The Fabulous Murphtones"
Sunday, Aug. 11
• Good Ol' Show & Shine Classic Car Show ('79 & older)
• Adventures in Literature – Poets on Parade Contest
• Auburn Collection of Reflections Authors recognition