- About Us
Puyallup Fair welcomes hand-crafted art entries
Hobbyists and crafters have the opportunity to enter their creative works at Puyallup Fair’s Hobby Hall. All entries are free and open to the public.
Entries for hand-crafted items are due Aug. 28-29 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Aug. 30 from noon to 6 p.m. in Hobby Hall in order for entries to be showcased for the Puyallup Fair, Sept. 11-27.
Located in the west wing of Americraft Showplex, Hobby Hall features handmade items, collection displays, craft demonstrations, and hobby clubs.
Hobby Hall entry divisions are as follows:
• Division A – Woodcarving – Relief (Plaques), In the Round, Miscellaneous
• Division AA – Woodcarving – Teachers and Professionals
• Division B – Woodworking – Solid Wood Furniture, Small Items, Techniques, Wood Toys
• Division C – Leathercraft
• Division CC – Leathercraft – Teachers and Professionals
• Division D – Metal Arts
• Division E – Decorative Arts – Decorative Painting on Surfaces
• Division F – Decorative Arts – Teachers and Professionals
• Division G – Dolls – Reproduction, Modern, Imagination, Original
• Division H – Handmade Soft Toys and Teddy Bears
• Division I – Artist Soft Toys and Teddy Bears – Teachers and Professionals
• Division J – Doll Houses
• Division JJ – Miniatures – Furnishings, Doll House Dolls
• Division K – Calligraphy
• Division KK – Calligraphy – Teachers and Professionals
• Division L – Jewelry
• Division LL – Jewelry – Teachers and Professionals
• Division M – Crafts – Silk and Dried Flowers or Dried Plant Material, Non-Sewn Crafts, Plastic Canvas, Decorative Dolls and Animals, Artistic Soft Dolls
• Division MM – Scrapbooking
• Division N – Beadwork
• Division O – Paper Crafts
• Division P – Holiday Decorations
• Division Q – Egg Art
• Division R – Stained Glass – Window Hangings and Copper Foil
• Division S – Decorative Glass
• Division T – Static Models – Kit Built Static Models, Kit Conversions, and Scratch Built (Juniors, Intermediates, Adults, Dioramas)
• Division TT – Operating Models
• Division U – Lego Building Contest – Ages 15 and under, Ages 16 and over
• Division V – Ceramics and Pottery – Junior and Adult categories (Ceramics - Glazes, Ceramics - Stains, Ceramics - Underglaze, Ceramics - Miscellaneous Techniques, Whiteware, Pottery, Purchased Bisque)
• Division W – Hand Painted China
• Division X – Hand Painted China – Teachers and Professionals
• Division Z – Trim-A-Christmas-Tree Contest
Entry forms are filled out at the time of entry. Each division having at least three exhibitors will have a purple Grand Champion rosette and a cash prize awarded to the most outstanding entry of that division. Judging for the entries will be held Tuesday, Sept. 1 at 9:30 a.m. Results are released Sept. 11 at 10 a.m. There may be one First, Second, and Third place ribbon given in each class. A lavender Reserve Champion Rosette and a cash prize will also be given in each qualifying division. Other awards will include Honorable Mention, Merit, and Special Awards. A People’s Choice ribbon will also be awarded daily in both adult and junior collections.
For specific rules and regulations concerning Hobby Hall entries, visit www.thefair.com (click on Puyallup Fair, Exhibit Entries, and then Hobby Hall) or call the Puyallup Fair Entry office at 253-841-5017 between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.