Heart to rock the Puyallup Fair on Sept. 25
April 16, 2010 · Updated 3:55 PM
Legendary rock band Heart will perform at the Puyallup Fair on Sept. 25.
Tickets go on sale at 9 a.m. April 24 at www.thefair.com/concerts/concert-info/. Reserved seats range from $25 to $60 and include Fair gate admission. The 7:30 p.m. concert is part of Columbia Bank’s Puyallup Fair Concert Series.
Ann Wilson and her younger sister, Nancy Wilson, first showed the world that women can rock when their band stormed the charts in the 1970s, and the music scene has never been the same since.
Whether it was hits “Crazy On You,” “Magic Man,” or “Barracuda” - the first decade they performed - or later works like “These Dreams,” “Alone,” or “What About Love” of the '80s and ’90s, their music has had a profound influence on rock music.
Since their start, Seattle-based Heart has sold more than 30 million records, had 21 Top 40 hits and sold out arenas worldwide. Their work as musicians and singers continues to this day, with a new album, Red Velvet Car to be released in July.
Tickets will also go on sale for other artists in the concert series lineup in the coming months. Visit www.thefair.com/concerts/concert-info/ to see the updated lineup, or sign up online to receive announcements of pre-sale opportunities before concert tickets go on sale to the public.
To date, the line-up includes:
• Sept. 10-11: PRCA Puyallup Rodeo, 1 p.m.
• Sept. 11: Puyallup Rodeo followed by Asleep at the Wheel Concert and Rocky Mountain Oyster Feed, 6:30 p.m.
• Sept. 12: PRCA Puyallup Rodeo finals, 1 p.m.
• Sept. 13: Kenny Rogers with The Tacoma Symphony, 7:30 p.m.
• Sept. 16: Willie Nelson, 7:30 p.m.
• Sept. 17: Chris Botti and Natalie Cole, 7:30 p.m.
• Sept. 18: Dierks Bentley “Miles and Music for Kids”, 7:30 p.m.
• Sept. 22: Daryl Hall and John Oates “Do What You Want, Be What You Are Tour 2010, 7:30 p.m.
• Sept. 23: MercyMe and Jeremy Camp, 7:30 p.m.
• Sept. 25: Heart, 7:30 p.m.