Enter Auburn’s new Gingerbread House Contest.
The event – put on by Auburn Parks, Arts & Recreation – celebrates the holidays and brings the community out to see what Auburn can build. Any structures real or imaginary, houses, igloos, spaceships, etc. will be accepted. This event is free and open to all groups and individuals.
Ten entries will be on display at the Auburn Community & Event Center, 910 Ninth St. SE, from Nov. 29 to Dec. 10. Stop by and vote on your favorite display. A winner will be announced on Monday, Dec. 10 and will be awarded a plaque and $20 gift card.
Applicants must adhere to the contest rules listed on the application:
• Entry must be appropriate for audiences of all ages
• Entry must be original
• Entry must have been built in 2018
• Entry must be 90 percent edible on the exterior
• All entries must be brought to the Community & Event Center, Nov. 29 between 3 and 6 p.m. Arrangements can be made with coordinator if necessary.
• Entries must be delivered in completed form attached to a solid base enabling it to be displayed on a table. Bases shall be no larger than 24 inches by 24 inches long.
For additional details, please visit online or call 253-931-3043.