The Auburn Library hosts a daylong Fiber Arts Fair on Saturday, May 11, celebrating knitting, weaving, quilting, sewing, spinning, crochet and more.
Enjoy free activities for all ages including hands-on workshops, demonstrations, exhibits, story time and crafts at the library, 1102 Auburn Way S.
• 11 a.m.-4 p.m. – Demonstrations and exhibits from community groups, including Arachne Weavers Guild, Auburn Spinners, and more.
• 11 a.m.-1 p.m. – Learn to Sew with Sew Up Seattle (limited space; pick up a ticket starting at 10 a.m.).
• 11 a.m.-1 p.m. – Hands-on Handicrafts: Cross-stitch: Stop by the quiet room area for an introduction to cross-stitch.
• 11:15 a.m. – Story Time with children’s librarians.
• 1:30-3:30 p.m. – Hands-on handicrafts: finger knitting: Stop by the quiet room area for an introduction to finger knitting.
• 2-3:30 p.m. – Crochet craft workshop (limited space; pick up a ticket starting at 1 p.m.).