Albertsons/Sav-on Pharmacy launches 'living healthy with my diabetes' program
October 28, 2010 · 3:33 PM
At a time when 26 million Americans are living with diabetes, and the incidence of the disease is on the rise, Albertsons/Sav-on Pharmacy has launched a comprehensive, whole-store health and wellness program called “living healthy with my diabetes.”
Albertsons can be found at two Auburn locations – 4010 A St., and 1347 Auburn Way N.
The program offers a variety of resources to make life easier for customers living with diabetes, including educational materials, health screening tests, group and individual diabetes education and training programs, medication management consultations, nutrition information, dietary tools, products and other services.
In addition to the resources that will be available year-round, Albertsons/Sav-on Pharmacy will kick off the program with a number of special, limited-time offers between Nov. 7 and Nov. 20 in honor of American Diabetes Month, including:
• Free blood glucose test screenings in selected locations on Saturday, Nov. 13, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Health screenings for A1C, cholesterol and liver function for $19.99.
• Savings booklets for discounts on diabetes-related products, while supplies last.
Program elements that are available year-round include:
• “Eating Healthy with Diabetes” store tours guided by specially trained pharmacists and registered dietitians covering topics such as choosing healthy foods, reading Nutrition Facts labels and identifying better-for-you food options: including high-fiber and low-saturated-fat choices using Supervalu’s color-coded nutrition iQ® shelf tag nutritional navigation system.
• In-store pharmacy services including diabetes education, diabetes self-management services, blood glucose screenings, blood pressure monitoring and face-to-face medication reviews.
• Nutrition information from registered dietitians.
• Diabetes products such as equaline® test strips, glucose tablets, blood pressure monitors, lancets, and latex and vinyl gloves.
To learn more, visit www.supervalu-pharmacies.com and click the ALBERTSONS/Sav-on Pharmacy link for more information. To sign up for an Eating Healthy with Diabetes grocery store tour and to learn about the other diabetes education services available, consumers can talk with their pharmacist, or call the toll-free clinical services phone line at 1-800-783-0458.