VRFA responds, extinguishes business fire in Auburn

Valley Regional Fire Authority firefighters quickly extinguished a fire to a family-owned business in Auburn early Sunday morning.

First-arriving units were on the scene at 4:01 a.m. in the 100 block of 3rd Street Northwest. First-arriving units viewed smoke and flames above the roof line of Norplex, Inc., a longtime Northwest plastic extrusion company. Access to the building was limited and the railroad tracks had to be shut down to access the location of the fire, the VRFA reported.

The fire was quickly extinguished, with a majority of the fire confined to the exterior of the building. However, fire had penetrated the interior.

No rail cars were damaged.

VRFA fire investigators determined that the fire was accidental in nature, originating in the area of a piece of electric equipment.

Damage is estimated at $40,000.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Read the Oct 21
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates