- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Nighttime closures on I-5 in Federal Way continue this week
Drivers should continue to plan for nighttime lane and ramp closures on I-5 and SR 18 in Federal Way.
Crews working for the Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) are installing steel girders for two new flyover ramps at this busy interchange. To keep drivers and crews safe, the work will require nighttime closures as cranes lift the large bridge girders adjacent to and over the highway.
This week's closures are as follows:
• Monday, Feb. 13 to the morning of Tuesday, Feb. 14 - Crews will close the two right lanes of southbound I-5 at SR 18 from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
• Monday, Feb. 13 to the morning of Tuesday, Feb. 14 - Crews will close the westbound SR 18 on-ramp from southbound I-5 and the southbound I-5 off-ramp from eastbound SR 18 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
• Tuesday, Feb. 14 to the morning Friday, Feb. 17 - Crews will close the northbound I-5 on-ramp from westbound SR 18 nightly from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
• Friday, Feb. 17 to the morning of Sunday, Feb. 19 - Crews will close all lanes of northbound I-5 at SR 18. Lanes begin closing at 9 p.m., with all lanes closed at 11 p.m. The northbound lanes will reopen by 7 a.m. each day. Traffic will be detoured onto eastbound SR 18 to Weyerhaeuser Way, then westbound SR 18 to rejoin I-5.
• Friday, Feb. 17 to the morning of Sunday, Feb. 19 - Crews will close the northbound I-5 on-ramp from westbound SR 18 nightly from 9 p.m. until 7 a.m.
The work is part of a $112 million project to build two new flyover ramps – one between westbound SR 18 and southbound I-5, and the other between eastbound SR18 and northbound I-5. The ramps are expected to open this fall. For more information on the project, go to: www.wsdot.wa.gov/projects.