- About Us
Man injured in Auburn duplex fire
A man was hurt during an Auburn duplex fire Monday night.
The 33-year-old construction worker was treated for minor burns at the scene of the fire at 1030 43rd Court NE. He was transported to MultiCare Auburn Medical Center.
Units from the Valley Regional Fire Authority, South King Fire & Rescue, Kent Fire Department and King County Medic 1 responded at 7:44 p.m. to the fire. Arriving units found a two-story duplex structure with heavy smoke and flames visible from one unit. Firefighters quickly knocked down the fire.
The house was under construction at the time of the fire.
Occupants of the adjacent residence were able to safely evacuate their home. There were no injuries to firefighters.
Investigators determined that the fire was accidental in nature, probably caused by flammable vapors from a spray operation coming in contact with an energized electrical appliance.