- About Us
Two charged in connection with Auburn drive-by shooting
The King County Prosecutor has charged an Auburn woman and her boyfriend with unlawful possession of firearms after a drive-by shooting in the late morning hours Nov. 28 that wounded her ex-boyfriend while he was parked in her driveway.
King County Prosecutor's spokesman Dan Donohoe said no decisions have been made to date about charging Tanya Jean Sarden, 34, or Jordan Parr, 23, with assault.
Bail for is set at $500,000 for each.
According to the Auburn Police affidavit for probable cause, which forms the basis for the charges, the terrified 5-year-old son of the wounded man and of Sarden hunkered down in the back seat of his father's car as the bullets flew. He was not hurt.
According to Auburn Police, Sarden and two men drove to her house and, while still in her car, fired several rounds from a handgun at the ex boyfriend, who returned fire from his car with his handgun before fleeing the scene.
Several neighbors were outside or in their home at the time, and police found bullets in the neighboring houses, fences and properties.
The wounded man was stopped a few blocks away with a non-life-threatening gunshot wound to his leg. A pat-down search did not turn up a gun on him. Medics transported him to Harborview Medical Center.
The boy in the back seat, according to the report, told the arresting officer that his "mom shot his dad." At first the boy told the officers that his father had thrown his gun out the window. But later at the station, according to the report, the boy spontaneously volunteered, "I've got a gun ... here in my pocket." He started to reach for it, but an officer stopped him and, reaching into his pocket, retrieved a .38 caliber, five-shot revolver with two live rounds of ammunition and three spent shells.
Asked where he got the gun, according to the report, the boy said his dad put in in his pocket, telling him not to tell the police.
The girlfriend and two other men were found later Wednesday inside a cadillac at the house on M Street she shares with Jordan. All three denied any involvement in a shooting. According to the report, Sarden told police she had been in her vehicle, going to a neighbor's home a few houses away but heard gunshots and took off. According to the report, she told officers that she did not see anyone with a gun and did not know who was being shot at because it wasn't her business. She did not call police and when confronted with statements made by her neighbors said they would lie because they have problems with her.
According to the police report the cause was conflict between the wounded ex-boyfriend and Parr over the ex-boyfriend's son.
Sarden has previous convictions for domestic violence, violation of a controlled substance, 4th-degree assault and malicious mischief. Parr has convictions for second-degree escape, violation of the controlled substances Act and an out-of-state criminal history from Minnesota that includes second-degree assault with a dangerous weapon and second-degree burglary.