News

VRFA fire and rescue blotter | Dec. 7

The Valley Regional Fire Authority responded to 190 calls for service between Nov. 26 and Dec. 2, among them the following:

Nov. 26

Aid call: 2:27 p.m., (Algona). Firefighters responded to a warehouse for a report of a woman who tripped on a wood pallet. Firefighters arrived to find the woman with a possible fracture of her upper arm. Firefighters stabilized the injury and the patient was transported to St. Francis Hospital by private ambulance.

Nov. 27

Automatic fire alarm: 11 a.m., (Auburn). Firefighters were dispatched to an automatic fire alarm. Firefighters found that the school was conducting a scheduled fire evacuation drill. Firefighters ensured that the alarm system was reset properly and turned the building back over to school officials.

Nov. 28

Aid call: 6:57 a.m., (Pacific). Firefighters were dispatched to a male with abdominal pain. Crews arrived to find an elderly male patient with severe abdominal pain. The patient was treated by firefighters and then transported to Veterans Hospital in Seattle via private ambulance.

Nov. 29

Aid call: 2:21 p.m., (Lakeland Hills). Firefighters responded to an elderly female who had fallen in her residence. Firefighters treated the patient for trauma injuries and assisted her off the floor. The patient stayed home with a family member.

Nov. 30

Aid call: 10:39 a.m., (South Auburn). Firefighters were dispatched to an elderly male complaining of chest pain. Firefighters along with King County Medics treated the patient and transported him to MultiCare Auburn Medical Center (MAMC).

Dec. 1

Kitchen fire: 12:20 p.m., (Mountain View). Firefighters responded as mutual aid with Mountain View Fire units for an extinguished kitchen fire. Residents had used water to put out a grease fire which had caused damage to the kitchen. Valley Regional Fire units arrived and inspected the kitchen area for possible fire extension with none found.

Dec. 2

Cooking fire: 10:01 a.m., (Auburn). Firefighters responded to burned food on the stove. The occupant left home with food still cooking in a pot on the stove. Firefighters were able to see into the occupancy and determined there was no immediate threat from fire. A maintenance person was contacted and responded to the home to assist firefighters in making entry. Firefighters extinguished the food in the pot and ventilated the home.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Read the latest Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Oct 31 edition online now. Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates