News

Grease fire damages kitchen

A grease fire damaged the kitchen and living room at 3132 1/2 Academy Drive Southeast in Auburn on

Friday afternoon.

The Valley Regional Fire Authority, the first responding units, found smoke and fire damage contained to the kitchen and living room.

The occupant said the fire had started on the stove from overheated oil in a pan. The occupant extinguished the

fire prior to VRFA’s arrival.

Fire department personnel assisted the occupant with smoke removal and checked for fire extension.

The estimated damage

to the structure was $10,000.

REMINDER: Smoke Detectors are vital to early warning of fire conditions. Please make sure all detectors are in good working condition. Extreme caution should be used when oils are being heated up. Be sure to pay attention when heating cooking oils due to the flammability of these liquids.

– VRFA

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the latest Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Aug 29 edition online now. Browse the archives.