- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Groundbreaking on new Auburn High School is Feb. 24
Groundbreaking on the new Auburn High School facility is Feb. 24.
The event – "Strengthening Traditions, Building Futures" – begins at 1:30 p.m. at 700 E. Main St. The public is invited. Parking is available in the Auburn Performing Arts Center parking lot.
The ceremony celebrates the community's support and commitment to provide 21st century teaching and learning environments for all students.
Auburn School District voters approved the Auburn High School Modernization and Reconstruction Bond with a 62-percent supermajority on the Nov. general election ballot.
Site construction begins on Feb. 25.
Some of the project design features include:
• A new and prominent front entry on East Main Street.
• Direct access to and easily visibility of the PAC and Main Gym from 4th Street NE.
• Expansion of on-site parking stalls from 315 to over 600.
• Large parking lot adjacent to the Main Gym, PAC and Auburn Pool directly across the street from Auburn Memorial Stadium.
• Off-street bus loading area.
• New synthetic turf baseball and softball fields.
• All buildings under one roof.
• Improved energy efficiency.
• New classroom and building technology.
• A large student commons.
• Modernized PAC with a new front entry plaza and drop-off area, new lobby and delivery area, new theater seats, upgraded lighting and sound systems, improved access for the disabled, seismic upgrades, and more restrooms.
Project updates will be available at www.auburn.wednet.edu/AHSProject.