News

VRFA fire and rescue blotter | July 26

The Valley Regional Fire Authority responded to 208 calls for service between July 15 and 21, among them the following:

July 15

Aid call: 7:19 a.m., (Lea Hill). Firefighters helped a senior citizen with a dislocated hip and a private ambulance drove him to Valley Medical Center in stable condition.

July 16

Aid call: 5:50 p.m., (Pacific). Firefighters cooled the burns on a man's face and his work supervisor drove him to a hospital.

July 17

Shed fire: 7 p.m., (Kent). Valley Com dispatched firefighters to tackle a shed afire near the Green River north of South 277th Street. Firefighters found a small fishing shed burning and the flames spreading into nearby brush. Firefighters quickly extinguished the conflagration, thereby limiting its spread.

July 18

Aid call: 8:25 a.m., (Auburn). Firefighters responded to a man who having trouble catching his breath, treated him on scene and a private ambulance transported him to MultiCare Auburn Medical Center (MAMC).

July 19

Electrical fire: 7:01 a.m., (South Auburn). Firefighters responding to a multifamily structure where two electrical outlets were sparking found two faulty outlets, but no fire damage. Firefighters secured power to the unit and suggested the occupant contact his landlord for a repair.

July 20

Accident with fire: 5:13 p.m., (Lakeland Hills). Firefighters hustling to a vehicle that had caught fire after a two-car accident found a fully involved car fire in the engine and passenger compartments of a 1996 Chevrolet Blazer. The vehicle had struck a truck that was pulling a boat. Firefighters put out the fire and nobody was hurt. Auburn police are investigating.

July 21

Kitchen fire: 4:16 a.m., (Auburn). VRFA firefighters responding to a kitchen fire in the 900 block of 8th Street Southeast found a fire that had started on the stove then spread into the cabinets and the wall behind the stove. All six occupants of the duplex got out safely. The cause of the fire was determined to be unattended cooking oil left on the stove.The fire caused an estimated $15,000 in damage. The Red Cross helped the displaced occupants find temporary housing.

Our Mobile Apps

Community Events, April 2014

Add an Event
We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Read the latest Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Apr 18 edition online now. Browse the archives.