- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Open trench pipe installation continues along 17th Street Southeast
For the Reporter
King County is continuing construction on the Stuck River Trunk pipeline in Auburn. The new sewer pipe will provide sufficient capacity to meet Auburn's needs through 2050 and reduce the chance of sewer backups into homes and streets.
Construction began west of the railroad tracks and is progressing east to K Street Southeast. Crews are working on the second phase of the sewer pipe installation from A Street Southeast to F Street Southeast. Phase 2 is expected to be completed by mid- October.
Phase 3, from F Street Southeast to K Street Southeast, will begin in mid- to late-October.
During construction hours, expect street parking limitations and lane restrictions in work areas. When work is occurring in front of driveways, crews will work with residents to maintain access.
Please use caution when traveling through work areas, follow posted traffic signs, cones and flaggers and plan for extra travel time when commuting.
What to expect during construction:
• Work hours from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays
• Single-lane closures in work areas during construction
• Parking and pedestrian restrictions
• Cones, signs and flaggers will be used to manage traffic flow and local access
• Extra travel time through work areas
• Noise and other activity typical of a construction site: work crews, dust, trucks, heavy machinery and excavating equipment
For more information, For more information, visit www.kingcounty.gov/environment.