- About Us
VRFA fire and rescue blotter | Nov. 1
The Valley Regional Fire Authority responded to 168 requests for service between Oct. 21 and 27, among which were the following:
Aid call: 4:23 p.m., (Auburn). A young man operating a table saw cut off two of his fingers. Firefighters retrieved the fingers, and a private ambulance drove the young man to Valley Medical Center for surgery.
Gas leak: 11:53 p.m., (Auburn). A malfunctioning, and therefore stinking natural gas control valve at an intersection, brought firefighters on the trot to investigate. Firefighters waited on scene until Puget Sound Energy workers arrived to effect repairs.
Aid call: 11 a.m., (Lea Hill). Firefighters helped a young person at Auburn Mountainview High School who'd donated blood then fainted. A private ambulance transported the student to MultiCare Auburn Medical Center for more evaluation and treatment.
Aid call: 2:12 p.m., (Pacific). Firefighters evaluated an older woman who'd been suffering high blood pressure problems, then left her at home.
Aid call: 12:56 p.m., (Algona). Firefighters evaluated a female with chest pain, then left her at home.
Apartment fire: 4:06 p.m., (South Auburn). Firefighters responding to a fire in an apartment building found a moderate amount of smoke curling out of the open door of one apartment. They got in with an attack line and discovered that the sprinkler system had activated and knocked down the fire. Firefighters performed salvage of the unit below the apartment and called the Red Cross for the resident.
Aid call: 2:02 p.m., (Lakeland Hills). Firefighters and King County Medics helped a female who was struggling to breathe, and Medics transported her to MAMC.