- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Street restoration work on 17th St. SE continues; traffic impacts on A St. SE continue on Nov. 11, 12
For the Reporter
King County contractors are continuing construction on the Stuck River Trunk sewer which will provide sufficient capacity to meet Auburn's needs through 2050 and reduce the chance of sewer backups into homes and streets.
Construction schedule update:
Street restoration continues on 17th Street Southeast between A Street Southeast and K Street Southeast. Crews continue grinding, grading and paving activities to restore the street to City of Auburn standards.
Restoration work is expected to be complete by Nov. 15.
Traffic restrictions and detours on A Street Southeast will continue on Nov. 11 and 12 to accommodate street restoration. Traffic will be reduced to one lane on Nov. 11 and 12 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on A Street Southeast (see map). This work is weather dependent and may require the scheduled dates to be extended.
• Open trench pipe installation in all three phases from A Street Southeast to K Street Southeast.
• Curb and gutter restoration
What to expect during construction:
• Work hours from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays
• Single-lane closures in work areas during construction
• Continuing on Nov. 11 and 12 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.:
• One lane of traffic each direction on A Street Southeast
• Detours via F Street Southeast, 12th Street Southeast and 21st Street Southeast to/from A Street Southeast and 17 Street Southeast.
• Parking and pedestrian restrictions
• Cones, signs and flaggers will be used to manage traffic flow and local access
• Extra travel time through work areas
• Noise and other activity typical of a construction site: work crews, dust, trucks, heavy machinery and equipment
Please use caution when traveling through work areas, follow posted traffic signs, cones and flaggers and plan for extra travel time when commuting.
For more information, visit www.kingcounty.gov.