VRFA fire and rescue blotter | Feb. 7

Valley Regional Fire Authority - Courtesy Photo
Valley Regional Fire Authority
— image credit: Courtesy Photo

Between Jan. 27 and Feb. 2, the Valley Regional Fire Authority responded to 188 requests for service, among which were the following:

Jan. 27

Accident: 4:40 p.m., (Lea Hill). Firefighters responding to a two-car accident in the 28400 block of 112th evaluated two people, and a private ambulance drove one of them to MultiCare Auburn Medical Center. Firefighters turned the scene over to Auburn Police for further investigation.

Jan. 28

Aid call: 1:48 p.m., (Auburn). After firefighters evaluated a woman who'd been complaining of dizziness, a private ambulance transported her to St Francis Medical Center in Federal Way for more evaluation.

Jan. 29

Aid call: 7:50 a.m., (Pacific). Firefighters dispatched to help a man upon whom several granite counter top slabs had fallen treated and stabilized his injuries before a private ambulance motored him to MAMC.

Jan. 30

Aid call: 2:15 p.m., (Lakeland Hills). After firefighters treated an Auburn senior burdened by multiple medical issues, they advised her to go to the hospital, which she did, in a private ambulance.

Jan. 31

Residential fire: 4:08 p.m., (East Auburn). Firefighters responding to a vehicle fire with exposure to a mobile home found a fully-involved vehicle fire about two feet away from the structure. The mobile home, which had been evacuated before firefighters got there, sustained significant exterior damage.

Feb. 1

Oven fire: 10:40 p.m., (Lea Hill). Firefighters responding to the 12500 block of Southeast 312th for a reported fire in an apartment complex found smoke and flames inside an oven. After firefighters put out the flames and unplugged the oven, they used a positive pressure fan to clear away the smoke. Turns out that the occupant had turned on his oven unaware that something was inside and the contents ignited, producing smoke and flames. That's when the occupant turned off the oven and called 911.

Feb. 2

Small fire in a bedroom: 7:28 a.m., (Auburn). Firefighters dispatched to an activated smoke alarm in an apartment found in a bedroom a small fire that had burned itself out. Firefighters then ensured the fire was out and determined that it had not extended to the rest of the building. The fire is under investigation.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Read the Oct 21
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates