- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
VRFA fire and rescue blotter | June 20
The Valley Regional Fire Authority responded to 193 calls for service between June 9 and June 15, among them the following:
Fire: 5:22 p.m., (Auburn). Firefighters dispatched to a possible apartment fire at the Colonial Village apartments in the 2100 block of I Street Northeast found smoke showing from the front façade of the apartment building next to the main entry door. Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire in the walls. The fire investigator said he or she believes a discarded cigarette that somebody had tossed into the beauty bark at the base of the façade was to blame.
Fire alarm: 7:51 a.m., (Algona). Firefighters dispatched to an automatic fire alarm in a residence found the alarm sounding and overheated food in the microwave. Firefighters cleared the home of smoke and reset the alarm.
Aid call: 2:45 a.m., (Auburn). After firefighters and King County Medics stabilized a woman in the throes of multiple seizures, they transported her to a local hospital for more evaluation and treatment.
Aid call: 10:13 a.m., (Pacific). Firefighters evaluated a man with cardiac-related chest pain, and King County Medics transported him to MultiCare Auburn Medical Center (MAMC).
Aid call: 1:12 p.m., (Lea Hill). After firefighters evaluated a woman who was complaining of a rapid heart rate, a private ambulance transported her to a local hospital.
Cooking fire: 11:34 a.m., (Lea Hill). Firefighters responding to a report of smoke curling out of a home broke into the home and found a pan smoking away on a stove, and the homeowner snoozing in a bedroom. After firefighters employed fans to blow smoke from the structure, they schooled that sleepy homeowner on how to safeguard against fire while he or she is cooking.
Aid call: 3:09 p.m., (Auburn). Firefighters evaluated a middle-aged male with abdominal pain, and then transported him to a local hospital for morecare and evaluation.