News

Apartment fire in north Auburn determined to be accidental

For the Reporter

An apartment fire in north Auburn on Monday night was determined to be accidental and caused $30,000 in damage, the Valley Regional Fire Authority said.

The VRFA responded to a report of smoke from a building in the 3400 block of I Street Northeast at 10:49 p.m..

Arriving Firefighters found a residential apartment charged with smoke and upgraded it to a commercial fire response. Firefighters entered and found a dryer fire that had extended to the rooms' contents. Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire and confirmed the structure was unoccupied.

There were no injuries to firefighters or civilians. One resident was displaced due to heat and smoke damage.

The VRFA reminds citizens to clean lint traps after every use and have dryer vents inspected and cleaned on a regular basis.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Read the latest Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Oct 17 edition online now. Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates