Auburn-Riverside High School Orchestra hosts Recycle for a Cause, a free “after holidays” recycling fundraiser event on Saturday, Jan. 13.
The public can bring items to Lakeland Hills Elementary, 1020 Evergreen Way SE, between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. The UpTekk Recycling Center and its partner, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Puget Sound, will be on hand with their bins and trucks to help with the recycling needs.
What will be accepted:
• Electronics: computers, laptops, televisions, cords, printers, AC adapters/chargers, remote controls, receivers, office phones, servers, stereo equipment, cellphones, telephones, LCD monitors, computer parts, printers, ink and toner, DVD/VHS/Blue Ray players, cable/satellite boxes, keyboards, mice, radios, hand-held electronic devices and MP3 players. All hard drive data will be automatically wiped at the recycling center.
• Clothing: shoes, belts, shirts, pants, jackets, towels, hats, blankets and linens. The orchestra will be paid 3 cents per pound for textiles.
• Household items: Toys, books, household décor, stuffed animals
• Cardboard: all cardboard must be flattened and free from food debris. Large loads my be redirected
• Scrap metal: Gutters, lawnmowers, yard equipment, appliances. Items must be drained.
Monetary donations are gladly accepted.
Proceeds support the orchestra’s 2018 trip to Southern California for the Festival of Gold.
For recycling questions, contact Pacific-based UpTekk at 206-497-9979 or visit uptekk.com.