Auburn residents who are Waste Management or Republic Services customers can recycle their live Christmas tree and organic wreath for no additional cost.
If you who live outside of the city limits, contact your garbage and recycling hauler for Christmas tree recycling information.
Single-family, duplex and mobile home parks residents: Collection will be the week of Jan. 8-12, on your garbage collection day. Place your tree and wreath at the curbside or in the alley by 6 a.m.
Apartment residents: Collection will be the week of Jan. 8-12. Place your tree and wreath by garbage collection area on Monday, Jan. 8 by 6 a.m. (not blocking the container). Collection day will vary depending on collection schedule.
• Tree must be cut into 4 foot lengths or smaller.
• Tree trunks should be no wider than 4 inches in diameter and each piece should weigh no more than 65 pounds.
• Remove all garland, tinsel and ornaments.
• No flocked trees, artificial trees or other debris will be accepted.
• Compostables service not required.
• Limit one tree and wreath per household.
Learn more online.