The Valley Regional Fire Authority was especially busy over the weekend.
Units from the VRFA, South King Fire & Rescue and Puget Sound RFA responded to an apartment fire in north Auburn on Sunday evening that displaced five adults and two children.
There were no injuries.
The fire – which reportedly occurred around 6:37 p.m. at the Meadowbrook Apartments, 935 18th St. NE, Auburn – totally destroyed two units, and smoke and heat damaged adjacent units, the VRFA said.
Approximately $250,000 in damages were done to the structure and contents, the VRFA said.
Cause of the fire has yet to be determined.
Earlier Sunday around 5:10 p.m., VRFA units, with help from South King Fire & Rescue and Puget Sound RFA, doused a house fire in the 400 block of V Place Southeast. The fire displaced two adults and two children.
The Red Cross helped the family with housing.
There were no injuries reported.
The home was a total loss, with approximately $200,000 in damages done to the structure and contents, the VRFA said.
Cause of the fire is to be determined.
• A kitchen fire caused by unattended cooking damaged a house fire in the 200 block of Coyote Drive, Pacific, on Saturday morning. The fire, which was reported at 9:23 a.m., did approximately $15,000 worth of damage to the kitchen area and left other light smoke harm, the VRFA said. The female resident was displaced.
• On Friday night around 9:09, a fire destroyed one unit of the Sherwood Gardens Apartments, 2901 Auburn Way S. The fire started on the stove, most probably by unattended cooking, the VRFA said. The fire left approximately $30,000 damage to the structure and contents. The male resident was displaced.