The Valley Regional Fire Authority responded to 272 calls for service between Dec. 11 and 17, among them the following:
Aid call: 9:30 a.m., (Auburn). Firefighters treated an Auburn senior citizen who had fallen, and a private ambulance transported him to MultiCare Auburn Medical Center (MAMC) for further care.
Aid call: 3:34 p.m., (Algona). Firefighters and King County Medics treated a middle-aged man for chest pain, and medics transported him to MAMC.
Accident: 7:42 p.m., (Auburn). Firefighters responding to a rollover accident on northbound SR 167 evaluated two women whom a witness to the accident had pulled from their vehicle, but neither was hurt nor required transportation to a hospital.
Aid call: 7:03 a.m., (Lakeland Hills). Firefighters responded to a middle-aged woman who was complaining of flu-like symptoms, and left her at home to follow up with her primary care provider.
Automatic fire alarm: 12:30 p.m., (South Auburn). Firefighters responding to an automatic fire alarm found a resident who had burned food on the stove, so they helped the resident to ventilate the smoke and reset the alarm.
Fire alarm: 6:08 p.m., (Pacific). Firefighters responding to the report of a smoke alarm sounding and the smell of smoke found a resident who had started a fire in his fireplace but forgot to open the damper. The resident said he quickly opened the damper and began ventilating the apartment with household fans.
Aid call: 11:57 a.m., (Lea Hill). Firefighters responded to an elderly male who was complaining of flu-like symptoms and generalized weakness, and a private ambulance transported him to MAMC.