- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Prep fastpitch glimpses
TROJANS AT A GLANCE
• COACH: Charlie Frampton, 6th season
• LAST YEAR’S RECORD: 4-13 overall, 7th place in SPSL North 4A with 3-11 record.
• TOP RETURNERS: 6 returning starters including: Cortney Irgens, senior, outfielder; Raelene Pray, senior, pitcher and third baseman; Savanah Hallam, senior, pitcher and third baseman; Katie Porter, senior, pitcher and first baseman; Rylee Lewis, senior, shortstop; and Megan Carver, sophomore, second baseman.
• OUTLOOK: The Trojans look to four-year starter Porter to key the team from the circle. Porter, a senior, has been the team’s ace since she was a sophomore.
“Auburn will have a good defensive team,” Frampton said. “We have started out with only three errors during our preseason games. We need to continue working on our offense during the season and work on hitting with runners in scoring position. ”
RAVENS AT A GLANCE
• COACH: Bryce Strand, 1st season
• LAST YEAR’S RECORD: 3-11 overall, 8th place in SPSL North 4A with a 3-11 record.
• TOP RETURNERS: Courtney Boogard, junior, first baseman and pitcher; Emma Bedsworth, junior, outfielder; Sam Lawson, senior, first baseman and catcher; and Kylie Adams, senior, shortstop and second baseman.
• OUTLOOK: With just four seniors on the roster this season, it’s all about the youth movement for the Ravens. Strand will try to get the youngsters as much playing time as possible early on in the tough SPSL North 4A, so the Ravens can make a late run at the playoffs. The Ravens will rely on Boogard to eat up innings from the circle. Co-captains Bedsworth, Lawson and Adams will lead the team on and off the field.
LIONS AT A GLANCE
• COACH: Alicia Thompson, 2nd season
• LAST YEAR’S RECORD: 13-12 overall, 5th place in SPSL 3A with a 9-6 record. Went 1-2 in West Central District III/Southwest District IV tournament.
• TOP RETURNERS: Quierra Bradford, senior, first baseman; Delene Colburn, junior, pitcher and catcher; Riley Decker, junior, catcher and third basemen; Callie Kirk, senior, outfielder; Alicia Zabriskie, senior, outfielder.
• OUTLOOK: The Lions were just a couple games shy of qualifying for the state 3A fastpitch playoffs last year. This season the Lions have a strong core of returners to lift them into the state tournament. Colburn and Bradford should lead the team offensively again this season. Last year Colburn hit .627 with 45 RBIs and 11 home runs. Bradford hit .529 with 43 RBIs and six home runs. In the circle, Colburn led the Lions with 142 innings pitched last season. Senior Alleyah Armendariz also will pitch.