- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Auburn prep tennis preview | At a glance
RAVENS AT A GLANCE
• COACH: Bruce Diehl, 19th season.
• LAST YEAR'S RECORD: 4-6, fourth in South Puget Sound League Central 4A.
• TOP RETURNERS: Sydnie LaValley, senior; Carson Heilborn, junior; and Lindsey Sanborn, junior.
• NEWCOMERS: Jessica Fullford, junior; Morgyn Fawcett, senior; Savana Brown, senior; Diana Yakimchuck, sophomore; and Jamillia Lopez, junior.
• KEY LOSSES: Natlie Jones; Brenna Bruil; LIca Garofalo; Rachel Wood; and Rachel Wilson (all graduated).
• OUTLOOK: The heart of this year's Raven squad is Heilborn, a returning district competitor from last season. So far this season Heilborn has teamed with Sanborn at the No. 1 doubles spot. Diehl also expects big things from the No. 2 doubles team of Fawcett and Brown.
"Although I do not see us in contention for a league championship, we have a couple of very good doubles teams," Diehl said. "I hope to take both to district, and potentially to state."
• MARK YOUR CALENDAR: The Ravens host crosstown rival Auburn at 3:30 p.m. April 15.
TROJANS AT A GLANCE
• COACH: Crystal Wisness.
• LAST YEAR'S RECORD: 6-4, third in SPSL Central 4A
• TOP RETURNERS: Lauren Thornquist, senior; Madi Johnson, junior; Madison Millard, sophomore; and Kassy Strickland, senior.
• KEY LOSSES: Sydney Johnson; Aly Siemion; Nacole Schwoch; and Gabie Lane (all graduated).
• OUTLOOK: Thornquist, the team's best player, retuns for her fourth and final varsity season. This past year she competed at her fourth state tournament, going 1-2. She has yet to place in the state tournament, despite being undefeated in league play all four years.
• MARK YOUR CALENDAR: The Trojans get a feel for where they stand in the SPSL Central 4A pecking order when they take on returning league champion Thomas Jefferson and state competitors Cindy Park and Crystal Lee, for the second time on April 29 at Thomas Jefferson.
LIONS AT A GLANCE
• COACH: Kay Lorrain
NO INFORMATION RECEIVED