You never know when a financial crisis may befall you. The situation may be overwhelming, and you may not want to borrow money from friends and relatives for fear of spoiling your reputation. They may not be able to help you either. So, the most convenient thing is to get a loan from a financial platform. But if you do not have a good credit score, that may be difficult. An online payday loan can be the best solution in such situations, even though they come with a hefty interest rate.
A payday loan is a short-term loan processed within 24 hours. Most online lenders allow you to borrow up to $5,000, using a fast and secure online application that can be completed within minutes. However, finding the best payday loans online can be overwhelming, especially for borrowers with bad credit.
We have listed the names of trustworthy, reputable, and easily accessible platforms that will connect you with a lender online, and you can get your required funds transferred to your bank account on the same day or the next business day. You may apply online at any time you wish. Such loans can come to your rescue when you need to foot medical bills, pay for car repairs, or meet any other emergency expenses.
In addition, payday lenders might charge lower interest rates than traditional ones. Moreover, you need not even step out of the house, and everything—from submitting the documents to the transfer of money to your account to the monthly repayments—happens online.
To help you find the best payday loans, we have reviewed the top lending platforms in the industry. We have also evaluated each payday lender on factors like the maximum loan amount offered, the application process, interest rates, fastest loan approval, and lender reputation.
Top List Of Online Payday Lenders
- MoneyMutual: Overall Best Online Lender For Online Payday Loans
- BadCreditLoans: Top Lender For Bad Credit Loans With Poor Credit Score
- CashUSA.com: Get Quick Approvals On Instant Loans
- Personal Loans®: Best Online Lender For Bad Credit Borrowers
#1. MoneyMutual: Overall Best Online Lender For Online Payday Loans
MoneyMutual has been operating in the industry for almost two decades now. The virtual financial platform constantly upgrades itself to offer customers something new. The online form has been designed so that anyone can do it without a hassle. It is not too lengthy and easily comprehensible.
Once you submit the online form, MoneyMutual will forward it to multiple lenders. It increases the chances of finding a suitable lender. Once you get connected to the lender, MoneyMutual ceases to play a role. From then onwards, the deal is between you and the lender. Therefore, you should communicate with the lender properly and clear doubts regarding any questions or confusion.
Funds will be transferred to your account directly once you accept the loan offer. Most lenders usually transfer funds in less than 24 hours. So, MoneyMutual is a safe platform in times of emergency.
- It is the best platform for any financial emergency.
- Any applicant gets a loan on this platform faster than other platforms.
- The company even guarantees its customers quick loan approval and protection of information.
- At MoneyMutual, you can borrow up to $5,000.
- The rate of interest mainly depends on the borrower’s credit score.
- More than 2,000,000 customers trust MoneyMutual.
- The website features reviews from customers living in different states.
- The website has a payday loan information section. You can learn everything about payday loans, including the different types, how they work, how to find and get a payday loan, the qualifications required for a payday loan, and the legitimacy of websites offering payday loans.
- People with bad credit scores may also apply for payday loans.
- To qualify for a payday loan on this platform, you have to submit proof of your monthly income, which must be at least $800. You also must be above 18 years of age and have an active bank account.
- Customers can borrow up to $5,000 on this platform
- Loans are available in less than 24 hours
- There are flexible credit requirements
- There is an easy online application process
- MoneyMutual has experience of more than 20 years
- Loan services are not available to people of New York and Connecticut
#2. BadCreditLoans: Top Lender For Bad Credit Loans With Poor Credit Score
This platform is not a direct lender. Instead, it connects borrowers with multiple lenders to help them get a loan. BadCreditLoans has a network of reputable lenders. The borrower can get a variety of offers despite having a bad credit score.
BadCreditLoans does not connect borrowers with lenders. Instead, it educates customers throughout the lending process. The online system at BadCreditLoans allows borrowers to check whether they qualify for a loan or not. They make sure to check the eligibility before applying for a loan. It saves time for borrowers looking for lenders with the best online services.
- The borrower has to submit an online application form on the BadCreditLoans website to apply for a loan.
- Once the form is submitted, different lenders receive it.
- The borrower receives loan offers from multiple lenders. Here, BadCreditLoans step out of the process.
- Now, the deal takes place between the borrower and the lender. Borrowers must clear each point with the lender, including the loan term and fees.
- Once you accept the offer, the lender will deposit the funds in your account in less than 24 hours.
- Multiple lenders on the platform are willing to lend money to people with a bad credit score. The only requirement is that they should meet the eligibility criteria.
- The type of loan and terms might vary depending on the borrower’s credit score.
- All the services on the platform are free.
- The borrower is not obliged to take a loan offer. S/he is free to reject all the offers.
- The borrower should be 18 years or above to qualify for a loan, a US citizen with a social security number or proof of legal residency, and have a stable monthly income. They have to submit proof of full-time employment and tax returns if they are self-employed or receive social security benefits. Lastly, they must have an active bank account, an email address, and a valid phone number.
- The platform offers loans up to $10,000
- Customers may receive loans within 24 hours
- The online form is easy to fill even for first-timers
- The platform has reputable lenders registered on its network.
- The application form asks for a lot of information
- Loan terms or interest rates may not be favorable if the borrower has a bad credit score
#3. CashUSA.com: Easiest To Get Quick Approvals Of Instant Loans
CashUSA is a renowned name in the financial industry. The platform offers free services to its customers. The USP of the virtual platform is that it provides personal loans, which allow customers to repay the loan in installments rather than repaying the entire loan at one go.
At CashUSA, a loan gets disbursed within one business day. But, first, the borrower has to fill out an online form. The form is relatively easy and asks for basic information such as name, email address, and the need for a loan.
Once you submit the form, CashUSA forwards the application to multiple lenders. Once you agree on the terms set by your lender and accept the offer, the lender will transfer funds to your account in less than 24 hours.
- CashUSA is not the actual lender but a network that connects the borrower to the lender.
- It is only a mediator and never comes in when an issue crops up between the borrower and the lender.
- CashUSA has industry-standard encryption software that guarantees the security of customer information.
- It takes less than five minutes to fill out the online form.
- To be eligible for a loan on CashUSA, the applicant must be 18 years or above.
- S/he should be a US citizen or a permanent resident.
- S/he should have a stable income of at least $1,000 per month after paying taxes.
- You can qualify for a loan on CashUSA if you are self-employed or receive benefits from the government.
- You must have an active account, an email address, and a phone number. All these criteria are necessary to become eligible to apply.
- CashUSA’s website features an education center with guidance for setting the financial priorities of a borrower, managing debts and liabilities and helping the budget expenses accordingly.
- Anyone willing to visit the page can access the education page. The additional services are free for anyone visiting the page.
- Customers may get a loan of up to $10,000
- Within 24 hours, the loan gets transferred to the borrower’s account.
- The network approves loan requests within a few minutes
- The platform has selected and always works with high-class lenders
- Applicants must earn at least $1,000 per month to be eligible for a payday loan
#4.Personal Loans®: Best Online Lender For Bad Credit Borrowers
The virtual lending network ensures that its customers find the most suitable lenders within minutes. In addition, the lenders on PersonalLoans are reliable and abide by the network’s terms and conditions. The loan amount ranges between $1,000 and $35,000. Anyone can apply for a loan using their laptop or mobile. The network even allows customers to borrow loans for home improvement projects, payday loans, bad credit, and many more.
- At PersonalLoans, you can apply for a payday loan by filling out the online form.
- Once the request is approved, the borrower connects with the lenders and receives the funds in her/his account in less than 24 hours. These funds can be in the form of a check, prepaid bank deposit, fast cash, or a deposit to the bank account. The borrower may choose the most convenient option.
- Before disbursing the amount to the borrower’s account, lenders need to make sure that they will get their money back. Therefore, a borrower may have to submit a post-dated check to the lender. The amount in this check must include the loan amount and the interest rate.
- The due date is usually the day on which the borrower receives her/his income or pension. When the state laws encourage lenders to work out a rollover plan, the lender may grant the borrower some grace. But the borrower may have to pay extra interest or penalties when they don’t make timely repayment.
- This platform accepts loan requests from customers without checking their credit scores.
- The borrower has to be 18 years or older to be eligible for a loan, a legal US citizen with a social security number, earn at least $2,000 each month, and have a checking account with a registered bank. Lenders at PersonalLoans will directly transfer the funds to this account.
- Services are available 24/7.
- The terms and conditions might differ depending on the rules and regulations set by each state.
- The platform is available for multi-purpose loans
- Loan requests are approved in just a few minutes
- Loans of up to $35,000 may be approved
- The eligibility criteria are very strict
How We Chose The Best Payday Loans Online
Finding a reliable and trusted platform to connect with a lender can be challenging. So, we have made a list of the leading networks with efficient customer services and reasonable practices.
The list was not easy to make, as we had to consider several details. We thoroughly looked into every factor and visited each portal to learn more about their services. First, we gathered the names of the companies offering online payday loans. Then, we checked each platform’s network of lenders, customer reviews, and service speed. These factors helped us understand the platform’s strengths and weaknesses.
We also went through customer reviews, which are of great help, as customers provide a candid perspective. Finally, we shortlisted the best ones based on the following factors:
#1. Penalties & Fees
None of the networks we selected charge a service fee to allow you to apply for a loan. Next, we considered additional expenses such as origination fees, processing fees, and penalties on late payments.
Lenders usually charge an origination fee to process the loan. It gets deducted from the loan amount that you receive. So, always make sure to request a loan of a higher amount. Not every lender charges this fee. So, we selected networks with no or minor origination fees.
A prepayment fee is what you have to pay if you want to pay off your loan before the term ends. A late payment fee applies to a missed deadline. We chose networks that set nominal fees and give borrowers grace when they miss the deadline for monthly payments.
#2. Terms & Conditions
The lender sets the loan terms when the request is approved. These terms include the APR, the repayment period and method, restrictions, and the loan amount. The borrower must understand everything before accepting the loan offer.
We shortlisted the platforms with the most flexible terms and conditions. Some companies even allow their customers to re-evaluate the terms before accepting the offer.
#3. Eligibility Criteria
Each platform has its eligibility criteria, and a loan does not get disbursed when borrowers fail to meet those requirements. These requirements include the borrower’s age (18 years or above), a steady source of income, and US citizenship.
Other networks may require the borrower to have a certain debt-to-income ratio or a reasonable payment or credit history. Sometimes, companies need a cosigner to reduce the chances of default.
Eligibility criteria are essential as they help lenders minimize the risk. Hence, we reviewed the eligibility criteria of each company and picked the ones with the most relaxed eligibility requirements.
#4. Repayment Methods
First-timers sometimes hesitate while applying for loans online. It happens because they are unsure about the repayment and other terms. But repayment is as easy as getting a loan on an online network.
Online networks provide multiple repayment methods to customers. For example, a borrower can repay through their account, by mailing checks, or online.
Critical Factors To Consider While Applying For Payday Loans Online
Payday loans are short-term loans with high rates of interest. The period of repayment is less than a month. Moreover, payday loans come with extra costs and penalties. Hence, such loans should be only an emergency option. Read the following factors to make an informed choice:
#1. Small amounts
Payday loans come in small amounts. Mostly, the maximum amount lent as a payday loan is $500. It is improbable that you will find a payday loan bigger than that. If you need more than that, you have to consider other forms of loans.
#2. High costs
The interest rate charged on a payday loan is higher than other loans available on the market. In addition, the borrower must pay additional fees and penalties if s/he fails to pay it off on time.
When you take a loan of $100, the interest rate varies from $10 to $30. Apart from that, you also have to pay the lender’s fee apart from the interest. So, the higher the loan, the greater the interest rate and the lender’s fee.
#3. Short loan terms
The payday loan is a short-term loan because the borrower has a brief period to repay the loan. The borrower has to pay off the loan when s/he receives her/his next paycheck. A payday loan helps borrowers financially until their next paycheck. If borrowers need loans for a more extended period, they should never choose payday loans.
#4. Geographical restrictions
Anyone can apply for a payday loan from anywhere they live. However, when the payday loan comes from an online platform, the application process happens online, and the loan goes directly to your account.
Different states have different rules regarding payday loans. Lenders have to abide by the terms and conditions of their respective states. For instance, in New York, lenders can charge interest rates ranging from 25% to 30% for payday loans.
#5. Eligibility criteria
The eligibility criteria are crucial before applying for a loan. Always gather the required documents before applying for the loan. It will save you time while filling out the application form. For example, you may be asked for a copy of your driver’s license, social security number, and bank account details. So, collect the documents before filling out the form.
#6. Loan types
Before applying for a payday loan, learn about the different kinds of loans offered on the market. Next, check whether the interest rate and the payday loan amount are suitable for your pocket. If not, go for another kind of loan.
Consider all the above factors before submitting a request for a payday loan. Payday loans are popular among borrowers, but they should be the last resort. A payday loan is costly and carries strict rules and conditions for the borrower.
FAQs About Online Payday Loans
Q1: What is a payday loan?
A: A payday loan is a short-term loan. This loan is for individuals who need a small amount to pay their expenses. Payday loans help you pay nominal expenses or prevent checks from bouncing. However, payday loans are costly, as they have a high interest rate and come with numerous terms and conditions.
Q2: How often can we request a payday loan?
A: It depends on the state’s laws. Each state may have different guidelines for a payday loan. For example, you can get between $100 and $500 in one state, which may not apply to another state. Therefore, the frequency of obtaining loans depends on the borrower’s monthly income.
Q3: What benefits do we get from payday loans?
A: Payday loans come with loads of benefits. First, these loans can come in handy in bad times. The process is relatively easy. When the loan comes from a reliable financial platform, you can rest assured that the information of the borrower would be safe with the company.
Q4: What happens if we do not repay the loan on time?
A: When you cannot pay off the loan on time due to problems such as a delay in receiving the salary, it is best to inform the lender. The lender may consider the problem and allow some grace without disturbing your credit score.
The penalty is charged if the borrower fails to inform the lender about late payment. Borrowers may also be punished with a high interest rate or a fine. So, keep that in mind before taking the payday loan.
Q5: Are payday loans secured or unsecured?
A: Payday loans are unsecured debt. There is no need for collateral. The borrower’s permission is required to withdraw funds from her/his bank on the day of repayment. When the borrower has low funds in the account, s/he is charged a penalty for overdrawing the account. The lender may also charge an additional fee when the borrower fails to repay in time. So, keep enough funds in the account by the payment date.
Q6: Is it risky to take a payday loan?
A: Payday loans tend to be risky due to the high interest rate. It is excessive compared to other loans. It might go up to 300% if you cannot pay it off in time. Payday loans are considered risky due to the high interest rate charged to people with the least affordability. So, do not opt for a payday loan if your income is not high enough to cough up those high interest charges.
Q7: How do payday loans work?
A: First, the borrower needs to apply for a payday loan. Once the loan request is approved, the online network will connect the applicant to lenders. The borrower has to discuss the terms and conditions, including the interest rate and time of repayment, with the lender. Before the amount gets transferred, the applicant must give the lender a post-dated check. Once the applicant accepts the offer, the lender transfers the funds to their account within a day. In addition, the amount written on the check must include the loan amount and interest charged on your loan.
Online Payday Loans — Easy, Simple, Convenient, and Timely
Life does not always go as planned. So, we must have a financial backup plan to support any unfortunate situations in life. Payday loans are the best options to help you financially during those days. However, always be confident that the loan will not burden your daily expenditures, and you should be able to repay the loan in due time to avoid disturbing your credit check score.
All the virtual financial platforms mentioned above cater to all your financial needs. Among them, you can choose the best option that suits you. Even if you have bad credit, you can be eligible for a payday loan. However, the interest rates may be higher for such installment loans. So, you must pay off the installments regularly to avoid any problems. Plan your financial goals wisely to avoid a crisis.