Between Sept. 7 and Sept. 12, the Valley Regional Fire Authority responded to 268 calls for service, among them the following.
Residential fire: 11:27 p.m., (Federal Way). Responding with South King Fire and Rescue to a house fire, Ladder 331 helped extinguish a large conflagration that was endangering the house next door, with concealed fire in the porch soffit and upper floor walls. Fire investigators are on the job.
Residential fire: 3:29 a.m., (Auburn). Firefighters responding to a mobile home fire found the home fully involved in flames that were spreading to a nearby home, so they broke out hose lines to protect the neighboring home and extinguished the fire.
Residential fire: 3:51 p.m., (Pacific). Responding to reports of a single-family house that was ablaze, Engine 338 personnel found heavy fire on floor two, so they and personnel from Engine 432 hauled hose lines up to attack the fire and then helped with search and salvage. Although the second floor was a total loss, firefighters saved a number of valuables from the first floor. The fire marshal is investigating the origin of the fire.
Brush fire: 7:21 p.m., (Auburn). Firefighters responding to a brush fire with Mountain View Fire and Rescue found a tree that had fallen onto power lines, so they provided water and helped with fire overhaul before they turned the scene over to Puget Sound Energy for line repair.
Live wires: 9:58 a.m., (Lea Hill). Firefighters responding to a brush fire caused by live electrical wires that had detached from a house deployed a hand line to protect the building until Puget Sound Energy de-energized the wire.
Aid call: 3 p.m., (Auburn). Firefighters helped a woman who was complaining of feeling suicidal, and then transported her to Multicare Auburn Medical Center for further evaluation.
Aid call: 3:45 p.m., (Auburn). Firefighters and paramedics responding to a 2-year-old boy who was seizing had stabilized the lad before his parents transported him to MAMC.
Smoke investigation: 6:48 a.m., (Auburn). Firefighters responding to a smoke investigation found a homeless encampment ablaze, which they extinguished. The fire was accidental.