VRFA fire and rescue blotter | April 15

A sampling of 240 calls April 6-12

The Valley Regional Fire Authority responded to 240 calls for service between April 6 and 12, among them the following:

April 6

Aid Call: (Algona) 7:23 p.m. Firefighters responded to a residence with multiple positive COVID-19 cases for a female complaining of difficulty breathing. A335 aided in evaluating the patient and after their examination and input, the patient was left at home. Family was educated on how to quarantine and advised to engage in highly proactive hygiene practices.

April 7

Aid Call: (Auburn) 5:20 p.m. Firefighters responded to a man who collapsed 1 mile down a Green River trail. Firefighters responded on foot and by All-Terrain Vehicle. The crew gave the patient a ride out of the trail system. He declined further treatment or evaluation.

April 8

Illegal Burn: (Lea Hill) 2:30 p.m. Firefighters responded to report of illegal burning in backyard of a residence. The homeowner was burning yard debris. The crew informed him of the Puget Sound pollution ordinance. The fire was extinguished.

April 9

Commercial Fire: (Pacific) 8:39 p.m. Firefighters were dispatched to a small commercial building with smoke and flames seen. Crews extinguished a smoldering fire in the crawl space. The fire is under investigation.

April 10

Aid Call (Algona) 9:01 a.m. Firefighters responded to a man having shortness of breath. The patient was evaluated on scene then transported to MultiCare Auburn Medical Center by private ambulance.

April 11

CO Alarm: (Auburn) 9:10 a.m. Firefighters assisted a homeowner with a carbon monoxide alarm activation. Carbon monoxide was present in the home and after air monitoring it was determined that, the furnace had malfunctioned and caused the presence of carbon monoxide inside the home. The furnace was shut down and the home was ventilated to remove any remaining carbon monoxide.

April 12

Burn Complaint: (Pacific) 11:29 a.m. Firefighters were called to investigate a possible illegal burn. Firefighters arrived to find the residents with a permitted legal burn for a recreational fire. Firefighters thanked the residents for obtaining the permit and for being safe.