VRFA, other units extingush residential fire on Ginkgo Street SE

Valley Regional Fire Authority, Kent and Mountain View fire and rescue personnel responded to a reported residential fire in the 2100 block of Ginkgo Street Southeast in Auburn on Wednesday morning.

All occupants had evacuated the home, according to the VRFA. There were no injuries.

The first-arriving engine crew reported heavy smoke coming from the first floor of a single-family home. Units successful confined and extinguished the fire.

Two cats were located during the primary search. One cat was rescued and revived, but efforts on the second cat were unsuccessful.

The Red Cross is helping with temporary accommodations for the displaced family of four.

Investigators determined the fire was an accidental, caused by a malfunctioning mechanical system in a clothes dryer.

A damage estimate soon will be available.