The Valley Regional Fire Authority responded to 231 requests for services between Feb. 19 and 25, among them the following:
Aid call: 7:45 a.m., (Lea Hill). Firefighters evaluated an older woman who was complaining of injuries from a fall, and a private ambulance transported her to MultiCare Auburn Medical Center (MAMC).
Stink investigation: 9:30 a.m., (Auburn). Firefighters walking through a building to monitor its air quality upon the report of a natural gas odor discovered that some second-floor tenants had used industrial strength drain cleaner, and the smell had spread through the ventilation and air conditioning system.
Residential fire alarm: 3:11 p.m., (Lakeland Hills). Firefighters were responding to a reported fire alarm in a single-family home when the homeowner told dispatch that cooking had set off the alarm and cancelled the call.
Aid call: 7:21 p.m., (Auburn). Firefighters assessed a senior citizen with a possible blood clot in her leg and transported her to MAMC for further treatment.
Aid call: 2:20 p.m., (South Auburn). Firefighters evaluated a middle-aged woman who had injured her leg while roller skating and transported her to MAMC.
Aid call: 10 p.m., (Lakeland Hills). After firefighters clarified the medications of a senior citizen who had recently been diagnosed with vertigo and was complaining of dizziness, she chose to stay at home and see if her medications helped her dizziness.
Aid call: 8:30 a.m., (Algona). Firefighters evaluated a woman who was complaining of back pain, and a private vehicle to transported her to a local hospital.