The Valley Regional Fire Authority responded to 278 calls for service between Oct. 30 and Nov. 5, among them the following:
Aid call: 10:40 a.m., (Auburn). Firefighters evaluated a senior citizen who had fallen out of his wheel chair and bumped his head, and a private ambulance transported him to MultiCare Auburn Medical Center (MAMC).
Aid call: 10:15 a.m., (Algona). Firefighters examined a woman who was complaining of general weakness and vomiting, and an ambulance transported her to MAMC.
Aid call: 4:29 p.m.,(South Auburn). Firefighters evaluated a man who had suffered a seizure in a car in the middle of Auburn Way South, and a private ambulance transported him to MAMC.
House fire: 3:51 p.m., (Lea Hill). Firefighters responding to a possible house fire in the Auburn Hills Mobile Home Park found a home with light gray smoke drifting throughout the interior. Firefighters quickly determined the cause of the smoldering fire was an overheated furnace that had ignited a heating duct. Firefighters crawled underneath the home to access the fire and extinguished it with water. The homeowner will make the necessary repairs.
Accident: 6:11 p.m., (Auburn). Firefighters dispatched to a multi-car accident with injuries found two cars involved but minor damage. Four passengers, a young man, a woman, a teenaged girl and a small girl, sustained minor injuries.
Aid call:: 6:52 a.m., (Pacific). Firefighters examined a woman who was complaining of stroke-like symptoms, and a private ambulance transported her to MAMC.
Aid call: 7:10 p.m., Auburn) . Firefighters treated a woman who had fallen and injured her ankle, and a private ambulance transported her to a local hospital.