Auburn’s popular Shades of Summer Concert series returns on Wednesday evenings at the Len Chapman Amphitheater at Game Farm Park, located at 3030 R St. SE. Shows begin each night at 7 at the park’s amphitheater, 3030 R St. SE.
• July 9: Tallboys & Correo Aereo (sponsored by Boeing). Presented as part of Seattle Townhall’s Zing Go the Strings, it is a celebration of string music from around the world. The concert will feature Old Time American string band, The Tallboys, with Correo Aereo, an award-winning duo performing energetic music of Latin America.
• July 16: Yahboy, a unique group that fuses the sounds of the Caribbean with contemporary jazz.
• July 23: Casey MacGill Blue 4 Trio & The Senate: Another double-bill concert featuring the three-part harmony vocals, piano-ukulele-bass-and-drums rhythm section of the Blue 4 Trio with the boogie-woogie, swingin’ sound of band leader Casey MacGill. The second set of the evening features young hipsters, The Senate, Seattle’s purveyors of “jazzy-rockin-n-rollin’-acoustic-riffage.”
• July 30: The New Blues Brothers. This tribute brings back the hits and humor of the original Blues Brothers.
• Aug. 6: Auburn Symphony Orchestra’s brass ensemble. The series closes with Auburn’s own professional orchestra.