Everyone wants be healthy and stay in shape, but it’s not always easy to find the time or stay on track.
The six-week program comes to Emerald Downs, beginning on May 23. There are 140 spots available. The series is open to all ages, though the program is a great way for families to take proactive steps towards their own health.
CHI Franciscan Health’s Northwest Healthy Initiative encourages a well-rounded approach to health, and 6 Weeks to a Healthier You doesn’t just teach: it allows participants to monitor their progress and see real success. Through biometric testing before and after the program, participants are able to track improvements in their BMI, weight and blood pressure – plus a whole host of other changes.
The Pacific Northwest is one of the most beautiful parts of the U.S., and CHI Franciscan Health is committed to making it the healthiest, too. It recommends working these 10 healthy habits into your daily life:
1. Physical activity: Find an activity you like and do it daily.
2. Portion sizes: Increase healthy portions and decrease unhealthy ones.
3. Preventive health screenings: Verify your immunizations and health screening tests are up-to-date or make an appointment to do so.
4. Get adequate sleep: Make 7-8 hours of sleep per night a priority.
5. Try something new: Do something new each month-challenge your mind and body.
6. Strength and flexibility: Add strength training and flexibility to your workout twice a week.
7. Laugh: Laughing every day improves overall health and well-being.
8. Family and friends: Invest time in the people who matter most to you.
9. Hydrate: As a rule, men should drink 13 cups of water daily and women 9.
10. Quiet your mind: Find a quiet place, take 10 deep breaths daily.
Read more about CHI Franciscan’s Northwest Healthy Initiative here.
About Joe Piscatella