Auburn’s Longevita Wellness Studio takes a holistic approach to aging, using Pilates and yoga to nurture the mind, body and spirit of their clients. Their philosophy aligns with the idea that active aging is about harmonizing various elements of well-being, not unlike the balance achieved through both disciplines.
Aging gracefully is dear to owner Shelia Cowart’s heart.
“I’m currently at a stage in my life where aging and doing so in a graceful manner, is very ‘real’ for me,” Cowart says. “I feel that aging is something that often brings a sense of uncertainty to many of us but it doesn’t have to. A change of perspective and approaching aging bravely, with a sense of gratitude can make all the difference.”
As we journey through life, the concept of active aging becomes increasingly significant. It’s not just about growing older; it’s about thriving, staying vibrant, and nurturing our mind and body as we age, Cowart says. Longevita provides guidance on that transformative journey, where an active lifestyle plays a pivotal role in maintaining overall health and well-being.
Cowart believes active aging is more than a catchphrase; it’s a philosophy that encompasses the belief that aging can be a fulfilling and enriching experience. Longevita promotes this philosophy in a variety of ways.
- Mindful Movement: In the studio, emphasis is put on the importance of maintaining a positive mindset about aging, just as the practice of Pilates and yoga encourages mindfulness and mental focus, Cowart says. We understand that nurturing your mind, fostering social connection, and staying engaged in life all play a part in the active aging process.
- Community Connection: Vibrant social interactions and a supportive community extends beyond the studio walls. Loneliness and isolation can take a toll on health as you age. Longevita provides a supportive community where you can connect with like-minded individuals, Cowart says. With classes and events designed to keep you not only physically active but also to create opportunities for meaningful social interactions.
- Health at Every Stage: The journey to active aging starts with individual choices, and it’s never too late to embrace healthier habits, says Cowart. We empower our clients in adopting better dietary practices, reducing stress, and making positive lifestyle changes, complementing the transformative effects of Pilates and yoga on the body and mind.
- Inner Harmony: Managing stress and anxiety is as important in life as if it is on the mat. Longevita offers techniques such as deep breathing, mindfulness, and meditation to help navigate life’s challenges, promoting emotional and mental well-being.
- A Personal Journey: Regardless of the starting point, Longevita’s unique blend of Pilates and yoga principles adapts to the individual needs and abilities of their classes participants. With no rigid rules, they instead encourage everyone to embrace their individual path to active aging.
“The studio isn’t just a place to exercise; it’s a hub for cultural, social, and personal growth. Offering a variety of classes, 1:1 sessions, and activities that go beyond physical fitness, encouraging personal development and growth, mirroring the sense of satisfaction and purpose found in Pilates and yoga,” Cowart says.
Join other like minded individuals on your own personal journey to finding a healthier, happier and more vibrant life. Find more information about Longevita Wellness Studio online here or book a complimentary consultation today and start your active aging journey.