Auburn’s popular Shades of Summer Concert series returns on Wednesday evenings at the Len Chapman Amphitheater at Game Farm Park, located at 3030 R St. SE. The series kicks off July 9.
Shows begin on Wednesday nights at 7 at the park’s amphitheater, 3030 R St. SE.
• July 9: Texas Tall Boys & Correo Aereo (sponsored by Boeing). Presented as part of Seattle Townhall’s Zing Go the Strings, it is a celebration of string music from around the world. The concert will feature Old Time American string band, The Texas Tall Boys, with Correo Aereo, an award-winning duo performing energetic music of Latin America.
• July 16: Yahboy, a unique group that fuses the sounds of the Caribbean with contemporary jazz. Featuring Seattle steel pan musician/band leader Gary Gibson along with percussion, flute, keyboard and bass guitar.
• July 23: Casey MacGill Blue 4 Trio & The Senate: Another double-bill concert featuring the three-part harmony vocals, piano-ukulele-bass-and-drums rhythm section of the Blue 4 Trio with the boogie-woogie, swingin’ sound of band leader Casey McGill. The second set of the evening features young hipsters, The Senate, Seattle’s purveyors of “jazzy-rockin-n-rollin’-acoustic-riffage,” who create an energetic musical sensation wherever they play.
• July 30: The New Blues Brothers. This tribute brings back the hits and humor of the original Blues Brothers. Backed by a seven-piece band, the group will bring back the rock ‘n’ roll tunes of the ’50s to the ’70s.
• Aug. 6: Auburn Symphony Orchestra’s brass ensemble. The series closes with Auburn’s own professional orchestra. The ensemble presents festive brass quintet music, from classical to popular favorites.
Auburn Arts Commission’s Shades of Summer free outdoor concert program is produced by the City
of Auburn Parks, Arts & Recreation. For more information on this or other cultural arts programs, go to www.auburnwa.gov/arts or call 253-931-3043.