Grease fire damages kitchen

A grease fire damaged the kitchen and living room at 3132 1/2 Academy Drive Southeast in Auburn on

  • Monday, June 2, 2008 6:52pm
  • News

A grease fire damaged the kitchen and living room at 3132 1/2 Academy Drive Southeast in Auburn on

Friday afternoon.

The Valley Regional Fire Authority, the first responding units, found smoke and fire damage contained to the kitchen and living room.

The occupant said the fire had started on the stove from overheated oil in a pan. The occupant extinguished the

fire prior to VRFA’s arrival.

Fire department personnel assisted the occupant with smoke removal and checked for fire extension.

The estimated damage

to the structure was $10,000.

REMINDER: Smoke Detectors are vital to early warning of fire conditions. Please make sure all detectors are in good working condition. Extreme caution should be used when oils are being heated up. Be sure to pay attention when heating cooking oils due to the flammability of these liquids.

– VRFA


Talk to us

Please share your story tips by emailing editor@auburn-reporter.com.

To share your opinion for publication, submit a letter through our website https://www.auburn-reporter.com/submit-letter/. Include your name, address and daytime phone number. (We’ll only publish your name and hometown.) Please keep letters to 300 words or less.

More in News

Inslee to state businesses: Pivot to make medical equipment

The governor said Wednesday that the state must become self-reliant in the fight against COVID-19.

Man dies in Auburn shooting

Apparent robbery attempt Tuesday night at boat repair shop; suspect at large

Enumclaw Rehab center a hotbed for coronavirus

Ten clients and two employees have tested positive for COVID-19.

State legislators discussed COVID-19 impacts during a East King Chambers Coalition webinar on March 31 moderated by Kate Riley of The Seattle Times. Screenshot
State lawmakers discuss COVID-19 impacts with chambers

Four state lawmakers gathered for a webinar with the East King Chambers Coalition.

Fighting the coronavirus, 100 masks at a time

In the early 1930s, Dorothy Lucille used whatever she had on hand… Continue reading

Gov. Jay Inslee is pictured March 28 at a field hospital set up at the CenturyLink Field Event Center to address non-COVID-19 medical needs. (Photo courtesy of Jay Inslee’s Twitter feed)
Gov. Inslee warns of stepped-up ‘stay home’ enforcement

“Thousands of calls” from residents concerned about businesses and people not following restrictions.

6 deaths so far in Kent, 4 in Renton, 3 in Auburn from COVID-19

Latest King County results from Public Health—Seattle & King County

Members of Puget Sound Fire who will be staffed at the first responder testing site in Covington received additional training last week. Photo courtesy of Capt. Joe Root
COVID-19 testing site for first responders to open in Covington this week

Testing is by appointment only and not open to the general public.

Most Read