Between Nov. 22 and Nov. 28, the Valley Regional Fire Authority responded to 269 requests for service, among them the following.
Car vs. pedestrian: 1:57 p.m. ( Auburn). Firefighters and King County Medics treated a senior gentleman who’d been struck by a minivan, sustaining a possible hip injury. Firefighters transported him to MultiCare Auburn Medical Center (MAMC).
Service call: 3:18 p.m. (Lea Hill). Firefighters got a female down from a tree, without injury.
Aid call: 4:52 p.m. (Auburn). Firefighters treated a child who was injured from a fall, then left the child under the care of his or her parents.
Natural gas leak outside: 9:15 p.m. (Auburn). Firefighters responding to reports of an odor of natural gas outside a residence and sounds of a leak at a gas meter got a strong whiff of the stuff in the area, and found the meter leaking from its relief valve. Firefighters shut off the gas on the supply side of the meter, which stopped the leak, then monitored the air of the residence to ensure there were no other problems. Puget Sound Energy was notified.
Illegal burn: 12:25 p.m. (Auburn). Firefighters responded to an illegal burn at a place of business on Auburn Way North and upon arrival extinguished the fire, which had been directly adjacent to the building and approximately 6 feet from a cabinet containing small propane tanks. Photos were taken, and the fire marshal on duty was notified for the necessary follow-up investigation.
Vehicle accident: 11:18 a.m. (Auburn). Firefighters examined a woman who complaining of chest pain after an accident, and a private ambulance scooted her to St. Francis Hospital.
Aid call: 3:05 p.m. (Pacific). Firefighters evaluated a woman who was complaining of a possible overdose, and a private ambulance zipped her off to MAMC for continued care.
Elevator rescue: 2:25 p.m., (Auburn). Firefighters responding to a report of people trapped in an elevator at an apartment building secured power to the lift before opening the doors, disclosing a man and a woman, unharmed. Firefighters then provided a safe exit from the disabled elevator.