VRFA fire and rescue blotter | April 7

The Valley Regional Fire Authority responded to 241 calls for service between March 27 and April 3, among them the following:

March 27

Accident: 2:05 p.m., (Auburn). Firefighters and King County Medics responding to a three-vehicle accident and a man down in the road found two men who needed care inside the vehicles. Having stabilized the two men, firefighters and medics arranged for their transportation to Valley Medical Center.

March 28

Aid call: 7:32 a.m., (Lakeland Hills). Firefighters responded to a young man who was complaining of seizures, and a private ambulance zipped him off to MultiCare Auburn Medical Center (MAMC).

March 29

Aid call: 2:15 p.m., (South Auburn). Firefighters evaluated an Auburn senior citizen who was experiencing stroke-like symptoms, and a private ambulance transported her to MAMC for further treatment.

March 30

Aid call: 11:32 a.m., (Lea Hill). Firefighters responded to a teenage boy who had been attending an eighth-grade appreciation function at Green River College when he tumbled from a 14-foot-high wall and broke both of his ankles. Firefighters splinted the injuries, a private ambulance transported the boy to MAMC, and firefighters contacted his parents to provide them directions to the hospital.

March 31

Commercial vehicle fire: 10:58 p.m., (Auburn). Firefighters responding to reports of a tractor trailer fire on West Valley Highway South at South Peasley Canyon Road arrived to find the tires of a pup trailer fully engulfed in flames. Firefighters pulled a hose line and extinguished the fire. There was no damage to the cargo being hauled.

April 1

Commercial fire: 5 p.m., (Auburn). Reports of a large volume of smoke pouring out of the ceiling vents and requiring evacuation drew firefighters to the Iron Horse Casino. Finding a light haze of smoke inside and all occupants out of the building, firefighters secured the utilities and climbed to the roof, where they discovered a burned motor in one of the heating and ventilation systems. Once the power was back on and all the smoke was out, firefighters called an HVAC company to the scene, and the owner resumed care for the property.

April 3

Aid call: 1:53 a.m., (Algona). Firefighters examined a man who was seizing, and a private ambulance transported him to MAMC.