The Valley Regional Fire Authority responded to 261 calls for service between Jan. 29 and Feb. 4, among them the following:
Odor investigation: 9:49 a.m., (Pacific). Firefighters responding to a report of a strange odor inside a house in the 400 block of Pacific Place in Pacific, and finding alarming concentrations of carbon monoxide and natural gas, called Puget Sound Energy to fix a malfunctioning gas furnace in the garage. No one was hurt.
Accident: 7:22 a.m., (North Auburn). Firefighters responding to an accident with intrusion into a building found the driver, a woman, was not hurt, but that the car had hit the front of the building with enough force to drive a front window wall back 2-3 feet into the structure. Firefighters evaluated the building and found it stable enough to leave it to the business to remedy.
Aid call: 3:21 p.m., (Lakeland Hills). Firefighters helped an Auburn senior citizen who was complaining of a seizure, King County Medics evaluated him, and a private ambulance transported him to Valley Medical Center.
Accident: 3:59 p.m., (Auburn). Firefighters responding to a head-on collision near the Seventh-day Adventist Academy found two heavily-damaged vehicles and an injured man and a woman, whom they evaluated before a private ambulance transported them to a local hospital.
Aid call: 1:56 p.m., (Lea Hill). Firefighters responding to an aid call at a local elementary school treated a small boy and left him in his mother’s care.
Aid call: 8:43 a.m., (Auburn). Firefighters evaluated a woman who was complaining of abdominal pain, and a private ambulance transported her to MultiCare Auburn Medical Center (MAMC).
Aid call: 7:15 a.m., (Algona). Firefighters evaluated a woman who was complaining of diabetic complications, and after they’d determined she was stable and not in need of emergency transport, a family member scooted her off to MAMC.