Between April 29 and May 5, the VRFA responded to 221 calls for service, among them the following:
Aid call: 3:53 p.m., (Lakeland Hills). Firefighters treated a man who had injured his hand with a power tool, and a VRFA aid unit hustled him to MultiCare Auburn Medical Center (MAMC).
Aid call: 1:30 p.m., (Pacific). Firefighters evaluated a woman with low blood pressure, and a private ambulance transported her to MAMC.
Commercial fire: 1:23 p.m. (Auburn). Firefighters rapidly snuffed out an apartment fire that had started at a burning ashtray, and then completed an overhaul to assure the flames had not spread.
Automatic fire alarm: 2:39 p.m., (Lea Hill). Firefighters responding to an automatic fire alarm at an apartment complex and finding no visible fire or smoke discovered that a small cooking fire had activated a fire sprinkler head and it had swiftly dowsed the fire. Crews helped the resident with salvage and water removal. Nobody was hurt.
Water problem: 7:15 p.m., (Pacific). Firefighters responding to the 400 block of 1st East for a broken water pipe found water flowing from the front door of the home. The water was secured at the street.
Overdose: 1:13 p.m., (Algona). Firefighters evaluated a woman who was suffering from a possible accidental overdose after surgery, and a private ambulance transported her to a local hospital.
Aid call: 7:29 a.m., (Lea Hill). Firefighters and King County Medics evaluated a woman who had a rapid heart rate and chest discomfort, and medics transported her to MAMC.