VRFA fire and rescue blotter | Nov. 30

  • Friday, November 30, 2018 10:30am
  • News

The Valley Regional Fire Authority responded to 262 calls for service between Nov. 19 and 25, among them the following:

Nov. 19

Aid call: 8:46 a.m., (Pacific). Firefighters hustling to a faint-and-fall call found a potential sufferer of central cord syndrome, numb from the chest down. King County Medics evaluated the elderly fellow and transported him to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.

Nov. 20

Automatic fire alarm: 9:54 a.m., (Auburn). Firefighters who’d been dispatched to wailing automatic fire alarms at Gildo Ray Elementary school poked their heads into a maintenance closet and found the villain: an electrical converter that had shorted out and activated the smoke alarms. After firefighters ensured there was no fire, that the transformer was off and the air was good to breathe, they returned control of the building to school personnel.

Nov. 21

Accident: 8:41 p.m., (Auburn). Firefighters responding to a rollover accident on westbound State Route 18 found one vehicle on its roof and the other with front-end damage. Once firefighters had secured the scene and evaluated the occupants of both vehicles, a private ambulance transported a woman and a VRFA aid unit transported a man to MultiCare Auburn Medical Center (MAMC).

Nov. 22

Aid call:7:34 p.m. (Lakeland Hills). Firefighters evaluated an older gentleman who was complaining of general weakness and confusion, and a private ambulance zipped him off to MAMC.

Nov. 23

Accident: 11:48 a.m., (Lea Hill). Once firefighters who’d responded to a single-vehicle accident through a guardrail had completed their medical evaluation, police took the young man who’d been at the wheel into custody. Nobody was hurt, and a tow truck hauled away the vehicle.

Nov. 24

Carbon monoxide alarm: 10:06 a.m.,(Lea Hill). Firefighters responding to a residential carbon monoxide alarm searched the entire home with a four-gas meter and found the problem – a leaking, exterior, natural gas meter on the attached garage. Firefighters shut off the gas, and called Puget Sound Energy to effect repairs.

Nov. 25

Aid call: 9:41 p.m.,(Algona). Firefighters treated a senior citizen, and a private ambulance transported her to Valley Medical Center in Renton.

More in News

Holiday In the Hangar

Delta Air Lines and Seattle YMCA team to bring Christmas to 95 Washington Elementary second-graders

COURTESY PHOTO, Brandon Patoc
Auburn church to give away toys to families in need

Parish and supporters make ‘Smiles at Christmas’ possible

Green River College President Suzanne Johnson, who does not dispute a review that found GRC had violated statutory and regulatory requirements, said the school has won an appeal to have the Department of Education greatly reduce its $574,500 fine. FILE PHOTO
Green River College wins appeal; fine reduced for violations

DOE: school failed to report crime statistics and inform public; GRC to pay $250,000

Two Auburn men among 29 arrested in drug busts

Agents execute warrants in five Western Washington counties

Police investigating death of Auburn man whose body they found in the trunk of his car

Victim identified; detectives work the scene; public’s help sought

Tenants say things are bad at mobile home park, demand changes

Twenty-three fed-up tenants of Laurelwood Mobile Home Park in south Auburn joined… Continue reading

Runners and their furry friends start the Dog Trot at Game Farm Park last year. RACHEL CIAMPI, Auburn Reporter
Join Auburn Petpalooza’s Dog Trot Fun Run

3K/5K courses; register early

VRFA collecting toys for its annual drive at the ADA Ice Rink on Dec. 8

The Valley Regional Fire Authority collects donations for its annual Toys for… Continue reading

Tahoma National Cemetery hosts Wreaths Across America ceremony to honor veterans

Tahoma National Cemetery hosts Wreaths Across America (WAA), a holiday wreath-laying ceremony… Continue reading

Most Read